Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Earlier this year, my DD tore her ACL during HipHop Practice.
It's been a rough recovery, but she has slowly been adding back dances as her rehab progresses.

One of her Solos was too aggressive for her rehabbed knee, so she choreographed a brand new dance. She performed it at her final recital.
(I apologize about the horrible lighting.  The "lighting director" at the venue fancies himself some artistic genius,
and tries to match the lighting to the song. I've asked him numerous times just to illuminate the stage)

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Congratulations to your dd!

Great song for a final senior solo. 

Does she plan to dance at all in college? 

Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Wow!! She's really beautiful and talented. What a struggle to deal with this her senior year but she's obviously a fighter. I can't imagine how amazing she is fully healed if this is what she's capable of in the brace. Congrats Dad!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I love this dance!  What a beautiful dancer your DD is!  Stunning really, and her choreography was lovely!
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Wonderful! Brava to her. She's lovely and so impressive working with her brace. [smile]
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
That was great.  I tore my MCL a year ago and the recovery from that was pretty rough.  Great job!
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Simply beautiful and stunning.  Such a bitter sweet moment for you both I am sure.  
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
She is a lovely dancer! I know you are proud!! 
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Is that you yelling "Yeah" at the end?  The emotion in that voice is powerful.  When we're blessed to have one of those moments with our child …the "she did it!" moment ...it makes all the struggles worth while.  There is no moment better in the world.  Your daughter is beautiful, talented, and resilient.  Thank you for sharing.  
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Beautiful job!!  I hate to know what she had to go through and how tough it was during her senior year!  I can only imagine how wonderful it was for you to watch her on that stage performing!
Curandera

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Beautiful! The performance, the song, the music and most especially the dancer!  Bravo!
Jerseyboymom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
That was beautiful, I have tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry your DD had to go through that her senior season, but glad she got to have this moment. I hope she is proud of her hard work!

At DS's old studio, one of our seniors was hit by a car in the school parking lot the week before the first solo comp of the season. Thank goodness her injuries weren't life-threatening, but she broke her leg and was unable to dance all season, but recovered enough to do a very modified but triumphant version of her solo at recital. Everyone who knew her story was sobbing. I'm sure it was the same for all of you!

BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Wow! Stunning dancer. Beautiful performance. I hope she continues dance in some capacity, she has an obvious passion and gift for it. Good job momma!! You both made it to that moment. I both look forward and dread the days that my daughter is done with studio dance classes and recitals/competitions. It's so consuming yet it's our life together❤️
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: