Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Being a new DM, I was so excited about this, and it did not disappoint! Although the day didn't start off to good when DD got car sick during the ride to the studio. [eek] Luckily, I keep a spare leotard, tights and dance skirt in her ballet bag, so I was able to get her cleaned up and changed in a hurry in time for class. DD2 is in Creative Movement 2 - 3 and the youngest in the class. Being that young, I wasn't expecting much more than her looking at us and giggling or running towards us. But I was very impressed with how well she followed directions from her DT. She also did her forward roll on the gymnastics mat very well. I now know where she's getting the "open...close" she does with her legs at home. LOL! DH and I are so proud of the progress she's made! All of the girls in the class were super cute and we received our costumes for the Spring recital already (that was fast). They will be dancing to In Summer (has that made the overused list for toddler recital dance songs yet?).

One really funny moment occurred when one of the 3-year-old girls attempted to "correct" DD's feet while standing on their dots. DD looked at her like "are you for real?". I can be heard on the video I took saying "I have no idea where she gets that look from (sarcasm)". [wink]

Thank you for indulging my proud new DM moment with me everyone! I love reading everyone's advice and feedback.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Mine didn't start until 7 and 9.  I missed that stage.  Enjoy!
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We too totally missed that stage.  DD started at 4 (just before 5th birthday) but the entire studio was behind closed doors.  We saw absolutely nothing until their 2.5 minutes on stage at recital.  How I wish I could have those days back!  Enjoy enjoy!
EJIDance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Oh I loved those days!!! Cuteness overload. They can do anything and still get a standing ovation. DD5 and 7 are now in the awkward stage of not being baby cute but still not being old/advanced enough to really be good [smile] But they are mine, along with all the other girls they are growing up with so I still love watching them, ugly duckling or not [smile] Enjoy the ride!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I remember mine's little "recital" at 3.  That was a looooong time ago, but so cute when they are tiny.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Awwww!! Sounds adorable and it sounds like she is learning! 

I just went to what was my last ever parent observation week. I was able to go to 3 days out of the 6. I was really hoping to get to more as this would be the last time, but work and then illness (mine) got in the way. I was going on that last day no matter how I felt. Even my dh, who rarely enjoys this sort of thing, came along on the last day. 

Enjoy these days to the max! 
FrancyDancy

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
How wonderful. I'm glad I have another little daughter who will start dance class in about 1-2 years too[smile]
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Sounds great. We have a video that we can view the girls on weekly, but this years teacher has decided to keep it turned off. Grrr. Last year DD was 3 and I got to watch her every week. It's the cutest thing. Glad to hear your daughter is doing great.
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I missed that stage also. DD was 8 when she started.

However, I absolutely LOVE watching the littles at recital.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We just had our observation week last week; I love observation week!  My daughter did Chinese dance at 4 and 5 but didn't start more typical dance until 8.  She's 10 now and on the mini competition team.  I love watching all the different classes and seeing what they've learned.
Wehoop

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I really enjoy parent observation week. My DD9 didn't start till she was 6 so I missed the mini years but I adore seeing them perform at the recitals, beyond cute!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: