Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Next year DD11 will be adding a second solo. Lyrical is her bread and butter- she's always done and done well. Her favorite. She's an excellent performer so she and SO want her to add a MT one that she can just let loose and perform the heck out of. Obviously she walks that young teen (12) line next year so can't be babyish but can't be too "old" so Looking for suggestions to start listening to. She can be VERY selective about her music but it has always served her well- when she knows she knows. Of course SO will give her a few options but she is always open to suggestions too. Her solo typically get choreographed in the summer as soon as we recuperate from nationals and have a song.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I loved Pulled or Amazing Maizie for that age group.
momtotapcate

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
How about "Sam, you made the pants too long" (has lyrical elements and it's funny)
or
"I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story?
or
"I Speak Six Languages" or "My Friend, the Dictionary" from 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
momtotapcate

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Adding more "Diva's Lament" -- forgot the show
"Who's Got the Pain" from Damn Yankees
"Fame" from, obviously, Fame
Several from Guys and Dolls:  Adelaide's Lament, Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat, Take Back Your Mink, Marry the Man Today
Legally Blonde -- and not just Omigod, You Guys.  I like Harvard Variations, Bend and Snap, etc.
"Somewhere that's Green" or "Suddenly Seymour" -- Little Shop of  Horrors -- slow and lyrical
"Loud" -- Matilda
"Marian the Librarian" from Music Man
From Singin' in the Rain -- Beautiful Girl, Moses Supposes, Good Mornin', etc.
"Not for the Life of Me" -- Thoroughly Modern Millie

jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD has done Mad Hatter from Wonderland, Getting Good at Being Bad from 102 Dalmatians and this year One of the Boys from 9-5. She's comp age 11. I've seen Mad Hatter and Getting Good done by older dancers. I've never seen One of the Boys on stage before my DD. I'm sure it's been done, but I haven't seen it. I saw a duet of Diva's Lament earlier this year and it went over well.
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you, everyone, we have a nice sized list going that we're enjoying listening through. We appreciate it. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: