Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD10 has girls in ballet with some really cool leotards. Some are already in Adult small or extra small size so they have lots to choose from. But DD is on the smaller size and fits a Child Medium usually.
Now she's asking for a new leo and keeps pointing out the ones she likes. They seem to be Adult sizes though.
There is a girl her size with leotards I'm assuming are custom made because her mom told me last year she always has to have hers custom made because she's so small. Ok of course she doesn't HAVE to have them custom made, she chooses to. Because she wants a more interesting leotard I'm guessing. And she wants them to fit her like a glove.

I'm thinking for the holidays I could get one for DD but what companies can I order from that will make her size with a design they only sell for adult sizes?
Am I making any sense?
Thanks in advance.
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Go to discount dance. There are a lot of leotard choices
tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Yumiko, class-in, degas and Eleve have a children's department. Nice leotards are an investment. My daughter is tiny and we waited until she would fit a womans xsmall before I invested. She has quite a few and has been wearing some  of them for 5 years. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy them, btw, just that they do add up.
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks. I always shop at discount dance. They don't have the styles she's looking for.
Thank you for those company names. I will look them up.
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Eleve looks sooooo nice!!! I think it would make a special holiday gift. Thanks!
tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
they are a perfect holiday gift! hope you find something you like[smile]
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Ainsley wear and lucky Leo.
owensamo

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
My DD15 is small - she wears a Child Large and some Adult XS. She's dancing 6 days a week this year and her dress code includes a black leotard each day. I hate doing laundry, so I purchased a bunch of different style black Arshiner leotards on Amazon this year. They had a lot of different interesting styles, and averaged about $15 each - most even available via Prime! At that price, I could pick up enough to last the week, and so far they've held up to hours of dance and weekly washing with no issues.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I'm sure you've already thought of this but I'll throw it out there anyway.... at 10, she's going to grow.  Could shoot up in what feels like overnight.  Something to keep in mind when choosing how much money to spend on special leotards perhaps. 

My own dd has been in the same size for 4 yrs so our stash just keeps growing and growing (as I've never had any problem with leos not standing the test of time... including the cheaper ones).
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
5 dancewear. I love almost all of their leos and they come in child and adult sizes. 
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I was just responding to a different post about costumes, but Second Skin has quite a few leos in kid sizes too.  You may want to check them out.  My dd's faves are Yumiko, Eleve and Degas (as far as kid sizes go).

https://secondskincostumes.com/
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensamo
My DD15 is small - she wears a Child Large and some Adult XS. She's dancing 6 days a week this year and her dress code includes a black leotard each day. I hate doing laundry, so I purchased a bunch of different style black Arshiner leotards on Amazon this year. They had a lot of different interesting styles, and averaged about $15 each - most even available via Prime! At that price, I could pick up enough to last the week, and so far they've held up to hours of dance and weekly washing with no issues.

Why have I never thought about amazon for cheap leos before!? My 7 year old thanks you!
LilMama

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I've bought cheaper leos from Amazon and Zulily, the fit just can't compare to brands like Ainsliewear if your girl is on the smaller side. That's all DD reaches for. Motionwear is another brand we like.
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
A lot of girls in our studio wear Kandi Kouture, Eleve, 5 dance wear, Luckyleo. They all come in Childrens size and unique patterns/laces.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.