Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ProudMOM

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #1 
As we all are gearing up for competition season to begin, I'm preparing my 8 year old sons solo outfit.  He will be wearing suspenders in his routine which is filled with quite a bit of acro.  Any tips on ensuring the suspenders will not pop off or slip?
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
DS had lots of suspenders when he was little and we never had an issue but if you are concerned you could tack the suspenders to his shirt so they don't slide off.  If you have good quality suspenders the clasps should be tight enough that they won't snap open on their own.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Tack or pin them to the shirt at his shoulders.  DD has worn suspenders a few times for tap and hip hop numbers and usually like tappinmom said they have stayed put well enough without any further help, but a simple safety pin to the shirt beneath at the shoulders has worked wonders for those that wanted to slide.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My daughters have had them for a few costumes. We pinned them.
dancerachael1

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I suggest using safety pins to secure costumes items for competition. I have used this tip a few times and, despite being a little nervous about it opening and poking me, it never did! However, if your son is not comfortabel with this and you have a bit more time, I highly recommend sewing the suspenders in. Just make sure you use a thread that matches the fabric of the suspenders and don't sew it too small so that he can still do all of his acrobatic moves. Good luck to both you and your son!
jazzminesun81

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
DD had suspenders before. We use safety pins at the waistband and in the middle, front and back. One of the kids forgot once and it popped her in the eye so we're overly paranoid.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.