Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
jamquint1

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 55
Reply with quote  #1 
My dd is 6 and finished her first year competing. I was very skeptical letting her do a solo, but she begged and her DT felt like she would be okay up there by herself, would remember her routine, etc.  Really, that's all I expected this year. She had varying results at regionals, she placed 2nd out of 17 in the 5/6 year old division (elite level) at one comp and got high silver (only one out of two given out of a sea of dancers...womp womp). After the last regionals, she worked her butt off on her solo and conditioning/stretching. She placed 3rd overall in the mini solos and re-competed at grand nationals placing 3rd again. I know, I know...with how subjective the comps are and how the dance comp world has gone nuts as of late, it doesn't mean anything, but I am really proud of her hard work. 
0
hsealover

Avatar / Picture

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 251
Reply with quote  #2 
That's so awesome! Congratulations!
0
NYFamily

Novice Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #3 
Congrats!!
0
Phx115

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 769
Reply with quote  #4 
You should be proud! Congratulations!!
0
2girls

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 365
Reply with quote  #5 

Good for her! Congrats!
0
nyklane

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 174
Reply with quote  #6 
Congrats!  I know too that comp placements can be.. well not sure what the word is here... but as a mom to a mini they do have to put in the work to get there.  So congrats and to many more  years! [smile]
0
Dancerfun

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 204
Reply with quote  #7 
Congrats! That's great!
0
Dancingqueen

Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #8 
Yay!!! Congrats! [biggrin]
0
emcandance

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 656
Reply with quote  #9 
Congratulations!
0
gandalf

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 913
Reply with quote  #10 
  [love][thumb]  
0
joriebelle

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,388
Reply with quote  #11 
Congrats to your daughter!
0
AusDM

High Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #12 
WTG!!  You're totally justified singing her praises [smile]  All that hardwork for great results!

0
joriebelle

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,388
Reply with quote  #13 
We've got a little mini brag here too; DD13 found out Tuesday that she was made an Ambassador for Russian Pointe  [smile]  I haven't gotten a response to the email I sent with her info yet so I'm not sure what it all entails.
0
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,399
Reply with quote  #14 
Super exciting!!
0
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 235
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
We've got a little mini brag here too; DD13 found out Tuesday that she was made an Ambassador for Russian Pointe  [smile]  I haven't gotten a response to the email I sent with her info yet so I'm not sure what it all entails.


Free gear in exchange for posts - she'll get to do some Instagram story and Snapchat takeovers too. [thumb]
0
joriebelle

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,388
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDeChatMom


Free gear in exchange for posts - she'll get to do some Instagram story and Snapchat takeovers too. [thumb]


Is that how it works?!  I really know nothing yet.  We have a conference call on Tuesday night to talk about contract and responsibilities.  She doesn't have nearly as many followers as some of these girls so she was surprised she was even picked.
0
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 235
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle


Is that how it works?!  I really know nothing yet.  We have a conference call on Tuesday night to talk about contract and responsibilities.  She doesn't have nearly as many followers as some of these girls so she was surprised she was even picked.


Well, it may change for 2018 but that was the gist of it for 2017. Russian Pointe does a really good job of spreading out their ambassadorships between accounts with tens of thousands of followers and much smaller accounts. They have something like 40-50 ambassadors so it is easier to spread the love a little. I believe they will also be opening up their RP One-to-Watch program soon - that is focused on YAGP and I think they only choose one per city. 

The daughter of a mom on here was an RP ambassador for 2017 - I think it was 5678StarMom. My daughter hasn't been one but a bunch of her friends were ambassadors for 2017 and several of them were selected again for 2018. Your daughter should have fun. [smile]
0
joriebelle

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,388
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDeChatMom


Well, it may change for 2018 but that was the gist of it for 2017. Russian Pointe does a really good job of spreading out their ambassadorships between accounts with tens of thousands of followers and much smaller accounts. They have something like 40-50 ambassadors so it is easier to spread the love a little. I believe they will also be opening up their RP One-to-Watch program soon - that is focused on YAGP and I think they only choose one per city. 

The daughter of a mom on here was an RP ambassador for 2017 - I think it was 5678StarMom. My daughter hasn't been one but a bunch of her friends were ambassadors for 2017 and several of them were selected again for 2018. Your daughter should have fun. [smile]


From the email we got from the director of the program, there were 40 names on the email so I'm assuming that's 40 dancers?  DD's friend did it last year and is one again this year; her mom emailed me and gave me a little bit of information but we'll find out more Tuesday.  One thing she did say was that they are very strict with their contract and that several dancers were removed from the program for violating the contract.  But she also said they are an amazing company to work with.

Thanks for more info!  [smile]  I keep forgetting; are you in AZ?
0
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 235
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle


From the email we got from the director of the program, there were 40 names on the email so I'm assuming that's 40 dancers?  DD's friend did it last year and is one again this year; her mom emailed me and gave me a little bit of information but we'll find out more Tuesday.  One thing she did say was that they are very strict with their contract and that several dancers were removed from the program for violating the contract.  But she also said they are an amazing company to work with.

Thanks for more info!  [smile]  I keep forgetting; are you in AZ?


Yep you're right, I'm in AZ - no longer at the ballet school you're probably thinking of due to some unrelated health issues with my daughter - needed her closer to home with a lighter schedule.
0
5678StarMom

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 734
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
We've got a little mini brag here too; DD13 found out Tuesday that she was made an Ambassador for Russian Pointe  [smile]  I haven't gotten a response to the email I sent with her info yet so I'm not sure what it all entails.


My DD was an ambassador last year. They are good to work with and generous with their products, but we found that posting on their schedule was a bit stressful for her with starting high school. It was especially difficult once she got injured and we couldn't take pointe pictures. We are taking the year off so she can try other brands of shoes, too. She isn't a huge fan of their flats, even though I think they look good, and they are required to wear them.
0
5678StarMom

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 734
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle


From the email we got from the director of the program, there were 40 names on the email so I'm assuming that's 40 dancers?  DD's friend did it last year and is one again this year; her mom emailed me and gave me a little bit of information but we'll find out more Tuesday.  One thing she did say was that they are very strict with their contract and that several dancers were removed from the program for violating the contract.  But she also said they are an amazing company to work with.

Thanks for more info!  [smile]  I keep forgetting; are you in AZ?


Yes, lots of kids got removed for either showing competing products in social media posts even if not prominently placed (i.e. bloch warm up boots or different ballet shoes) and especially for not posting 2x a week or not placing certain products into posts as directed. I know that they are required to wear their brand ballet and pointe shoes, and if they are caught not wearing them (at a SI audition, YAGP, even just class) that would violate the contract. They want pictures when they received their products in a timely manner and creatively done, plus wanted at least 1x a week posts of certain things (like they came out with yoga mats and wanted them displayed for a month, the bands for a month)

The posting schedule was reasonable considering the compensation, but with 6x a week ballet class and other classes, a 6 week injury that took her out and she's still recovering from, and now nutcracker rehearsal, plus public high school/AP classes, it just became one more responsibility to keep up with! She's definitely going to consider it again in the future but wants a break this year. I think they would have picked her again because she did a good job, especially with her snapchat takeover during her SI. I also took 98% of her pictures on a DSLR and edited them, so it became a lot for me too! Creative and time wise! She often wished she had the access (and me the money!) to have a few professional photo shoots like many of the ambassadors seemed to have. It felt difficult to keep up with all of the beautiful pictures.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.