Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jamquint1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My dd is 6 and finished her first year competing. I was very skeptical letting her do a solo, but she begged and her DT felt like she would be okay up there by herself, would remember her routine, etc.  Really, that's all I expected this year. She had varying results at regionals, she placed 2nd out of 17 in the 5/6 year old division (elite level) at one comp and got high silver (only one out of two given out of a sea of dancers...womp womp). After the last regionals, she worked her butt off on her solo and conditioning/stretching. She placed 3rd overall in the mini solos and re-competed at grand nationals placing 3rd again. I know, I know...with how subjective the comps are and how the dance comp world has gone nuts as of late, it doesn't mean anything, but I am really proud of her hard work. 
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
That's so awesome! Congratulations!
NYFamily

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Congrats!!
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
You should be proud! Congratulations!!
2girls

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Good for her! Congrats!
nyklane

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Congrats!  I know too that comp placements can be.. well not sure what the word is here... but as a mom to a mini they do have to put in the work to get there.  So congrats and to many more  years! [smile]
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Congrats! That's great!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: