Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I find it interesting the Miami connection with Dance Moms. First with its own show (which got cancelled) to the Candy Apples connection with Lucas, Gino, Evan and Alyssa all coming from prominent Miami studios, plus John Culbertson(who is from Miami) as choreographer. We just cant keep out of the drama it seems.

dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Also giving a shout out to SYTYCD Miami connection with Ricky Ubeda from Stars Studio (Dance mom Miami studio) and also to Rudy Abreu and Nick Garcia from Dancetown. Heres hoping that Ricky wins , he seems very humble and is such an amazing dancer! DALE!
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Congrats to Ricky Ubeda who won from Miami! Hes such a sweet guy!
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemonkaymom
I find it interesting the Miami connection with Dance Moms. First with its own show (which got cancelled) to the Candy Apples connection with Lucas, Gino, Evan and Alyssa all coming from prominent Miami studios, plus John Culbertson(who is from Miami) as choreographer. We just cant keep out of the drama it seems.

I agree, very interesting. Could it have something to do with Abby? Her mother lived in Florida for years.

Or maybe Miami is just a talented area [smile]
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you, 5678StarMom, I forgot about her mom living in Florida

I prefer to think that we love drama! lol All that hot latin blood!

do you know the name of Abby's moms studio down here?
bw182

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
do you know the name of Abby's moms studio down here?

As far as I know, there isn't one. Abby's mum lived there in her later years, but has now passed on.
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
. Then I read Abby's mother obituary and it stated that she owned several studios in Miami beach but it didn't say when or the name of the studios. That's what I was wondering.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
. Then I read Abby's mother obituary and it stated that she owned several studios in Miami beach but it didn't say when or the name of the studios. That's what I was wondering.

No idea for sure but Abbys studio/company is actually licensed under Riegn (spelling?) dance. So maybe that?
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
That doesn't sound familiar.
But heres another strange Miami connection. as I was reading one of the dance Moms topic threads someone was complaining about the production company and their contracts with the moms and girls. The company name is Collins Ave which is a main street in Miami Beach, which Abbys mom used to have her old dance studio. (cue the creepy music)
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
OK...that IS really weird! ^

dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I found out that the producer of the shows last name in Collins! oh well lol
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Is STars still open?  I am going to be in Miami this weekend, and DDs are dying for me to go get them a picture Tshirt or something (thought I saw that they had like a "gift shop" or something.)

armydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by judie
Is STars still open?  I am going to be in Miami this weekend, and DDs are dying for me to go get them a picture Tshirt or something (thought I saw that they had like a "gift shop" or something.)

Yes they are still open and it seems like they're better than they were when they did Dance Moms Miami. My kid is dying to take a class, but I can't foresee a trip to Miami in our future.

beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by armydancemom
Quote:
Originally Posted by judie

Yes they are still open and it seems like they're better than they were when they did Dance Moms Miami. My kid is dying to take a class, but I can't foresee a trip to Miami in our future.

They do Hall of Fame Nationals in Orlando quite a bit....although last year I think they went somewhere else and only one or two of their dancers did solos there. We will be at that Nationals this year so I would be interested to see if they are there. 
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Stars is who produced Ricky Ubeda, the latest winner of SYTYCD (whom I love!!!).
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Stars is definitely alive and well. Angel and some of his staff have come to our studio to treach master classes in 2012 and 2013. This past summer, two of their choreographers came to our studio. They choreographed our senior team contemporary dance and six contemporary solos for our senior team members, my DD being one. One of the choreographers danced with Ricky for years. Of course, our girls were thrilled!
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Angel and Victor are very nice! just curious to know if you are in the South Fla area and if they asked you not to compete against them?
threesweetpeas

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
We just had the Stars Dance Studio at our studio running a convention for the weekend. My girls loved it. I thought it was interesting that the Dance Moms show was also in our area that same weekend. Not sure if it was s coincidence or not. DM does usually come to our area at least once or twice a year.
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Never made it to the studio but fell in love with Miami. Looking for a post Christmas vacation spot!
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Angel and Victor are very nice! just curious to know if you are in the South Fla area and if they asked you not to compete against them?

No, we are in SE Mich and do not travel to compete. Maybe this is a reason they came?
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Looks like Miami is representing in World of Dance with Dangelo Castro and Amanda Carbajales,(Dancetown),Miami All Stars (Dancetown),  Nick Daniels and Diana Pombo (Stars Studio). Also SYTYCD has Koine Iwasaki (Dancing Plus), a beautiful dancer. The dancing world is small and my daughter danced at the same studios as Dangelo and Koine. So we are very excited for them!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.