Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Mercy Streeet premiered Sunday on PBS after Downton Abbey. A former dancer from my DD's studio is one of the main characters. Her name is Hannah James. If you like period pieces I think you will love this series.
PrimaMomma

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I missed it!!  I didn't know it started already.  I want to see that show, it looks so good!!!  I will definitely watch for her [smile]
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I missed it but I love period pieces! I'll have to DVR it!
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
If you have OnDemand you can see episode 1 through 1/30.
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
So cool!  I was really looking forward to this series for "dessert" after Downton Abbey (and as a stand-in til Walking Dead starts back up).  I loved the episode last week.  So does your dancer friend plays the southern belle or the new nurse/widow?

To be honest, at the beginning of the episode, I thought the belle's story was a flashback of the widow when she was younger.  The two actresses look very similar.

JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Ohhh... I love period shows!  I'm going to have to look for it! [biggrin]
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina
So cool!  I was really looking forward to this series for "dessert" after Downton Abbey (and as a stand-in til Walking Dead starts back up).  I loved the episode last week.  So does your dancer friend plays the southern belle or the new nurse/widow?

To be honest, at the beginning of the episode, I thought the belle's story was a flashback of the widow when she was younger.  The two actresses look very similar.

She's the Southern Belle and I thought it was a flashback too! Her hair is not naturally dark so it threw me a little bit at first. She dyed her hair dark once before to play Velma Kelly and it took forever for her light brown/dark blonde to recover. The accent isn't her real one either. Even though she's a Southern girl she has British parents and has spent a significant part of her life in England including going there for college. I think she pulls it off very well.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I can't watch PBS on demand, but I was able to set it up to record.  I've seen the first 3 episodes so far.  I'm really enjoying it, and the girl playing the southern belle is very talented.  Very convincing in the role.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
DD14 and I love that show!  That's pretty neat.  [smile]
jeanne4379

Triple Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I'm watching this series. Hope it comes back soon.  
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne4379
I'm watching this series. Hope it comes back soon.  

It is.! They've already started filming
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: