Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 265
Reply with quote  #1 
We got our makeup list for our new studio and it's all Mary Kay brand. I'm not a huge MK fan, and from what I can tell, I think I might already have those colors in another brand. Does anyone know of a site where you can cross match makeup colors across brands?
0
tendumom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,920
Reply with quote  #2 

MatchMyMakeUp.com, but I don't know if MaryKay is on the site.

Let me guess, is the SO or someone close to the SO a Mary Kay rep?  I would be particularly annoyed with that choice. Then again, also not a fan of assigning the same exact shade to everyone unless they all have the same skin tones (unlikely). 

0
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 315
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom

MatchMyMakeUp.com, but I don't know if MaryKay is on the site.

Let me guess, is the SO or someone close to the SO a Mary Kay rep?  I would be particularly annoyed with that choice. Then again, also not a fan of assigning the same exact shade to everyone unless they all have the same skin tones (unlikely). 


Ours all wear the same eyemake up, lipstick and blush but pick their own foundations and powder.  I wish they'd take into account that my daughter, who is Chinese, can barely see with the required false eyelashes because her eyes are smaller than the other girls.  There are eyelashes that aren't quite so bushy that would look better on her.  As for requiring Mary Kay, I would definitely not be happy.  
0
BCdancemom

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 196
Reply with quote  #4 
That is quite unusual. The only assigned colours we have are lipstick!

On another note, I love Mary Kay! I have used Mary kay skin care for 15 years and have been a rep for about 5 years. I don't use much of the make up however because it's a bit too pricey for me. But this year I did order stuff for my daughter to use for competition.

If they are asking you to use because someone will get the benefits of your ordering thru ten, you could flip it around on them and order from someone else! Lol (me perhaps??) just kidding!!
0
dancemonkey

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,016
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom2two

Ours all wear the same eyemake up, lipstick and blush but pick their own foundations and powder.  I wish they'd take into account that my daughter, who is Chinese, can barely see with the required false eyelashes because her eyes are smaller than the other girls.  There are eyelashes that aren't quite so bushy that would look better on her.  As for requiring Mary Kay, I would definitely not be happy.  
. Just buy your own eyelashes. The studio will never know. And if they do oh well! I'm sure your daughter will do fine dancing and feel more appropriate in less bushy eyelashes
0
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 265
Reply with quote  #6 
One of the team mom's is the rep "assigned" to order from.... I personally love NYX makeup for performance but since I'm not familiar with Mary Kay I almost have to order the makeup, take it to the store and match the colors and then buy again

It's assigned colors for eye, blush and lip... Almost looks like a mauves pallet (a crystal color, a light pink and a darker mauve) New to the team so I don't want to be the mom who rocks the boat....

For those that used MK for performance does it wear well??

Edit to add - she IS giving us a big discount so I don't know that she's not selling it to us at her prices.....
0
mic123

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 85
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemonkey
. Just buy your own eyelashes. The studio will never know. And if they do oh well! I'm sure your daughter will do fine dancing and feel more appropriate in less bushy eyelashes


I second this.  We also have assigned makeup which I did purchase but it is awful.  I just apply my own as always and put a dusting of the "required" on top.  No one knows but us.
0
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 157
Reply with quote  #8 
Our eye shadow, lashes, blush and lipsticks are set by studio. But we all apply differently. I've used different eyelashes in a pinch before... shhh don't tell [wink]
We are on our own to buy and apply.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: