Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Dd is small still and has been at her old dance studio for 2 years, since she started dance. I wasn't overly thrilled the first year but kept her there bc of convenience, it's a 3 min drive. This year I was majorly disappointed in pretty much every aspect of the studio. So in June I registered her at a new studio to start at next month.

Dh and I decided last month we want to relocate to another state. We did a little house hunting, found nothing and have decided to stop and start up again this Spring. So that would mean dd will be at studio number 3 in a new state next year, that is if she wants to continue to dance.

So does it make any sense to put her someplace new, if only for a year? Or should I look at it from a customer standpoint and since I wasn't happy with her old studio, why send her back and just try the new studio out, even if only for a year.
tinydancers

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
How old is she? My dds didn't really start making friends at dance until 6 or 7. I don't think they would have minded changing studios when they were younger than that.
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
It probably depends how well she adjusts to changes. My kids are military kids so they can start up somewhere new pretty easily at this point. The other major factor is age. If she's very young, it isn't going to do any long term damage to leave her where she's at until you move...
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Only 5 and she's hasn't made "friends" with any girls even though she was in class with some fir both years. She's looking forward to going to the new studio. I guess I'm thinking more at switching there, to then just switch again in a year. But I guess I'm thinking way too ahead of myself.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I say at this point do whatever makes you happiest.  It sounds like your dancer will be fine no matter what.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
I say at this point do whatever makes you happiest.  It sounds like your dancer will be fine no matter what.

Agree
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I say live for the now. Go to the studio you prefer. Why go back somewhere you weren't happy with? A year might now seem long to you, but it is a significant chunk of a 5 year old's life. And if plans change and you stay where or near you are now, you won't be kicking yourself for "wasting" another bad year on the old studio.
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingpeanut
I say live for the now. Go to the studio you prefer. Why go back somewhere you weren't happy with? A year might now seem long to you, but it is a significant chunk of a 5 year old's life. And if plans change and you stay where or near you are now, you won't be kicking yourself for "wasting" another bad year on the old studio.

Very good point!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I say move on.  Why give your money to a studio that didn't make you happy?
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I agree with everyone else.  Move on.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.