Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
So after our 2nd year, which I wasn't pleased with at all, I've decided to switch dds studio. Shes little still, not at the point where she has made friends yet and I wont miss the waiting room with a few moms there at all lol. I know besides us, 3 others from the class are not returning next year either. The new studio is having open registration in 2 weeks, then accepts registrations over the phone all summer. Only thing is, it's such a popular studio, classes have closed out the day of open registration. I wish our current studio was a better fit for us bc it's so convienant, but I don't think it's worth it to stay. The studio owner also doesn't put out a schedule until mid-summer, but wants everyone to still register now?

My husband for some reason thinks I should wait until our current studios'schedule comes out to do anything. But, what would the point be? Somehow the new schedule will change my mind? I told dd about going to the new school to register and she seemed excited.

So any reason to wait? I have to go back up to her old school to pick up something, but they obviously can't force me to register dd lol.
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
If you were not pleases, there is absolutely no reason to give them any more of your hard earned money. Do they ask about what days and times are good for you when you register at the new studio? Some studios like to see who is coming and try to make the schedule to work for the majority.
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyarg
If you were not pleases, there is absolutely no reason to give them any more of your hard earned money. Do they ask about what days and times are good for you when you register at the new studio? Some studios like to see who is coming and try to make the schedule to work for the majority.

Nope, just basic contact info. It's more like a contact form if anything ...
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
No need to wait. Good luck at the new studio.
BellaBallerina

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I see no reason to wait. Chances are the schedule isn't going to change your mind. Good luck!
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
You are going to regret it if you wait and the classes you want are filled at the new studio. I know at our studio, some classes fill the first day registration opens.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #7 
If you have legitimate concerns about the current studio seeing the schedule is not going to change that so I wouldn't wait.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I would ask my husband why he wants me to wait. He may be thinking something that's totally off base and it will be easy to clear up the misunderstanding.
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745
I would ask my husband why he wants me to wait. He may be thinking something that's totally off base and it will be easy to clear up the misunderstanding.

I think he feels like we have some sort of "loyalty" to the place since we started here and bc it's so close to home. He's used to team sports, but we're not talking about a team here.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreogal

I think he feels like we have some sort of "loyalty" to the place since we started here and bc it's so close to home. He's used to team sports, but we're not talking about a team here.

Then I would explain it to him.

You wouldn't stay with the dentist that causes pain and suffering and has a bad schedule just because you started there. Dance is a business, so we go to the business that best suits our needs.

Oh, and a dentist that meets our needs now may not in 5 years. So we may have to switch again. And that's fine!
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreogal
My husband for some reason thinks I should wait until our current studios'schedule comes out to do anything. But, what would the point be?

He could simply be reluctant to take on a new studio with a less convenient time and/or location.  That would be my guess.

It could come down to how he views dance.  Something that fills up your young DD's time, and it really doesn't matter what she learns or how she grows?  Or as a class where progress is expected? 

Sports analogies are fine, there's the local town or house league, there are travel leagues, and then there are boarding schools.  If the issue is more of a personality conflict with teachers or classmates, well, some players just don't click with some coaches or locker rooms. 

But yes, I'd have a conversation to explore.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.