Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MimisMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD (7) is doing a lyrical solo to the song “Every Heart”. We are new at this and the studio will be ordering a costume for her. But I would like to give her some ideas of what we like it to be. My daughter says she hates pink and would love something lavender or blue. Any suggestions of what it should look like? I am so bad at this. 😊
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Your DD is so young, I'd probably just let the studio know what color your DD likes (if they are giving you any say in costuming) and leave it at that.  They will probably know what's best for her at this age. 

Just remember, the costume just needs to compliment the choreography and movement of the dance.  It's probably far less important to find the "right" costume than you think.

NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Typically our SO gives the kids a few options or at least talks colors unless she has a strong opinion. I would
Start casually with “what are you thinking costume wise?” And go from there slipping in the dislike of pink 😂

Pink petite solo costumes are a dime a dozen - lol
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
DD did Every Heart at that age and wore pink. lol

Blue or lavender would work well also for that song. Ours was 2 pieces with a short flowing skirt. My seamstress used a circle skirt for both layers.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.