Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Shaylenek

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Final recital was last night. This group of seniors have been together for 12 or more years. It was a tough night for all. Now I will have to fly to watch my baby dance. The best was having so many of the little girls show their live and awe of the big ones. It isn't about the money we spend or the other activities they choose to forgo or the broken toe nails and sore muscles. It is about supporting your child in his or her growth. . . However they choose to grow. Thank you to the dance moms here who have given me support over the years. I am so proud of my girls today. Now I need to go find more vases for the flowers. And maybe get a kleenex.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Congratulations to you and your dd and her dance friends! And kudos to whomever owns/runs and sets the tone for the school where she has danced. It says a lot to have a group remain together for so many years at the same school. I also adore watching the little ones who think of the older ones as their own personal idols! I had an influx of the lowest level come into the dressing room while I was doing alterations. Dd is still considered a newbie there, but boy where those girls impressed that I was my dd's mom! LOL. "Oh.. she's reaaalllly good!" LOL

Preparing dd for the tears tonight. Unfortunately, she left the school where she had trained for so many years for her senior year. She would have been the only senior at her former school. Here, she is one of several. There are 4 in her level and at least 3 in the level below hers.. plus dd who is currently planning to return in the fall. The seniors in her level have been together for many years, as is the case at many schools. Tonight is a special performance and gala event following, with $100 tickets!  Should be interesting!

LeapYear0208

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I teared up reading this. Such a special and emotional moment. I have years before that time. I am doubting my oldest will dance that long-she will turn into a drama kid I think once she is old enough for the classes in school. My youngest though, she is a dancer 100%. She is 5, so I have 13 more years.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My turn this coming Saturday. I will be a hot mess.  We have 4 graduates including DD17.  The girls are so close and it's going to be a sob fest. 
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We're still 3 weeks out yet from recital but it looks as though more than half of DD's team will be saying goodbye, most unexpectedly.  It's all fallen apart in the last 72 hours. The girls were exceedingly tight and all very happy at the last competition.  Making plans for the fall.  Hoping the schedule would be favourable.

Then the schedule came out and it WAS favourable. The studio was pretty much listening to what Teens needed.  And they all dropped out anyway.  One after the other, like dominos.  

DD decided to re-up anyway, and we did so yesterday during a private meeting with the studio owners.  They assured us there will be a "team" for her to dance with but I'm not sure how that will be the case.  We'll wait out the summer to see what happens.  

So sad when something like this happens, but we won't concentrate on that for now.  Instead we'll concentrate on the wonderful memories we have with those who are leaving, and try not to fall to pieces in front of DD.  This is all way ahead of schedule.
MSDanceMomma

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpmom
We're still 3 weeks out yet from recital but it looks as though more than half of DD's team will be saying goodbye, most unexpectedly.  It's all fallen apart in the last 72 hours. The girls were exceedingly tight and all very happy at the last competition.  Making plans for the fall.  Hoping the schedule would be favourable.

Then the schedule came out and it WAS favourable. The studio was pretty much listening to what Teens needed.  And they all dropped out anyway.  One after the other, like dominos.  

DD decided to re-up anyway, and we did so yesterday during a private meeting with the studio owners.  They assured us there will be a "team" for her to dance with but I'm not sure how that will be the case.  We'll wait out the summer to see what happens.  

So sad when something like this happens, but we won't concentrate on that for now.  Instead we'll concentrate on the wonderful memories we have with those who are leaving, and try not to fall to pieces in front of DD.  This is all way ahead of schedule.

IME that often happens, once the dam cracks, there's a crowd running for the exit.  Some aren't unhappy but don't want to be the "only ones" left.  Sometimes there is a "superstar" that either drives folks away (tired of the focus not on their child) sometimes there is a superstar that jumps ship and everyone follows.   I have watched mass exoduses several times and been part of one once.   A few can leave and not "break" the team but if you lose a lot at once - even for varying reasons, it can be devastating to those who aren't leaving. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.