Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Candance123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,
Any suggestions on schools in the LA area for pre-professional dance training in ballet, modern, jazz and contemporary?  DD is 13 years old and wants to pursue further dance training with the goal of joining a contemporary company.  We have done the competition circuit already, so this is not her focus now.  I'm looking for progressive training (not drop in studio style) where the teachers work with a selected group of young dancers over a period of years.  Any and all suggestions appreciated!
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Have you looked at Westside Dance Project? I'm not from the area but they seem to produce some incredible dancers. 
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
Have you looked at Westside Dance Project? I'm not from the area but they seem to produce some incredible dancers. 

Westside Dance Project is housed at Dmitri Kulev Classical Ballet Academy. The training is great, but it's located in south Orange County, which would be at least an hour from anywhere in LA, before traffic.
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Westside Ballet in Santa Monica is an excellent ballet school, but I'm not sure what they offer in other dance genres. Another great ballet school in LA is Yuri Grigoriev, but I also don't know how much they offer beyond amazing ballet.
Michgal

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We have friends that go to LA Ballet Academy ( http://laballet.com/ ) - they also offer tap, hip hop. jazz, contemporary but teh focus is ballet. they do RAD style with exams each year.
Candance123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you everyone for your suggestions!  I will be checking out every one!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.