Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hey,
I have a friend looking for a tap workshop for her dd13 for this summer.

I think it may be 4boysmom that's around that area?
Please let me know if anyone has any ideas??
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Hey there! I don't think there is anything exclusively tap in Alberta this summer. DS is heading to Toronto for an intensive. We usually go to the Vancouver Tap Dance Festival which is at the end of August which is about the closest all tap workshop that I know of at the moment.
tappingfeet

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Not sure if you're looking specifically in Alberta or if Vancouver is an option for your friend.

Vancouver Tap Academy has a tap "Boot Camp" in July for 1 week.  I think it's classes from 9-3 Monday-Friday with a showcase at the end.  Eligible for Intermediate-Advanced tappers ages 10-18.  Your friend can check out their website for more info if she's interested.  

Then, as 4boysmom already mentioned, Vancouver Tap Academy hosts the Vancouver Tap Festival at the end of August. 

Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the quick responses!!
She would prefer Alberta, but I haven't been able to find anything here. The one in Vancouver looks really good. I was on their website and I didn't see their summer dates though :S
I'll have to check it out further tonight.
Would either of you recommend a studio summer intensive with a strong tap program? Or for tap would it not be a good idea?
slattshe

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I haven't seen anything in terms of tap intensives in Calgary at all.  Our studio has a great competitive tap program but I don't know about above and beyond that.  Also, we don't do much in the summer.
If I see/hear anything, I'll let you know!

JSBmom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I'm not sure how far you're willing to travel but you should definitely check out Toronto Rhythm Initiative's summer program. Here's the link to their facebook event. I highly recommend it!!! It's really different from a lot of summer programs out there (ie. not just classes where they learn a combo and that it. History, improv, live music, etc, etc).

https://www.facebook.com/events/1030793816992664/
tappingfeet

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2228
Thanks for the quick responses!! She would prefer Alberta, but I haven't been able to find anything here. The one in Vancouver looks really good. I was on their website and I didn't see their summer dates though :S I'll have to check it out further tonight. Would either of you recommend a studio summer intensive with a strong tap program? Or for tap would it not be a good idea?

The dates for the Bootcamp are:  July 18-22nd

Vancouver International Tap Dance Festival: Sept 2-4th

http://www.vantapdance.com

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: