Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dancer456

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi-

My dd (15) will be spending two weeks with my parents this summer (July), which is awesome....Except that her summer intensive will start the date after she leaves OH. Last year she had a 2-3 week break after summer before her year round program began, and she got fairly bad shin splints due to the sudden increase in intensity.  So, I'm looking for some drop in classes she can take in the Dayton area to try to ward off this issue. 

I've heard that Pontecorvo is good, but it's on the other side of town from my parents. (they live in the northern suburbs, but they're willing to drive some, just not all the way to Springboro). Anyone have any suggestions? She's looking for solid ballet at an advanced level. I'm looking for anything that has decent flooring. Thanks in advance.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
What about Dayton Ballet? Admittedly, I know little other than they exist and a former teacher of dd's was in the company a long time ago. A friend of dd's has family in that area and has taken classes there in the past over summer breaks. 
dancer456

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, Tendumom. I looked at Dayton Ballet, but they don't seem to offer any classes for her age when she's there. Worse comes to worse, maybe she can take a few privates there....? Do you know any specific teachers?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I don't know anyone there. You would think they would have something for their own students!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: