Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
nodrama15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Is Taylor Swift's Look What Made Me Do going to be totally overused this year?
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Ugh I hope not, I can't stand it.
madisondancer27

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Yes and it will get old fast, actually it's already old
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Yes.
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Yes.
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Definitely.
nyklane

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Yes. I can see that!  My daughter looooves it. 

We are using a popular song this year.. well I hope it doesn't get too popular - but it was my compromise from doing a Disney descendants song (no! thank goodness).
As much as I liked doing a song that was individual last year, my daughter really connects better with this new song..  (crossing fingers it doesn't get too popular on radio!!...sigh)
nodrama15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Yes, the kids seem to connect more with recent songs that they know.  I like the vibe of the Taylor Swift song, but I can see it being totally over used.
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Millennium Dance Complex already filmed choreography by Kyle Hanagami for Look What You Made Me Do and it is fantastic. I actually started liking the song after seeing the video.
threedancingdaughters

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfish1987
Millennium Dance Complex already filmed choreography by Kyle Hanagami for Look What You Made Me Do and it is fantastic. I actually started liking the song after seeing the video.

Just watched that on YouTube, loved it!
I'm sure it'll be used quite a bit, but secretly I don't know that I'd mind, lol! Sometimes I listen to DDs TSwift cds on my drive to work- don't tell! 😜
nodrama15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Just watched it...pretty awesome!
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
It's not playable 🙁
Either because I'm in Canada or they took it down.
My dd does not like the song, she asks to change the station when it comes on, I don't mind it.
armydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Yes! I can see at least five dances at every competition, entered into the jazz or contemporary category, with sheer black or nude costumes. I also predicted that we will all be over it after the first competition. I feel like that song was made for competitions.
Celc9

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I just had this conversation in the car with my DD when this song came on. She agreed that it will be one of the over played songs at competition.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Just watched the video, it is great!  Love his choreo on this!  Great dancing but my fave dancer in it...hands down the dinosaur!
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfish1987

My dd's were actually going to tap to Feel It Still by Patriot the Man, but it kinda exploded, so now they are doing something else instead. Which stinks, because I like that song! MDC's video of that song is great, too. 
madisondancer27

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Believer by Imagine Dragons is a great song but I feel that will also be overused
nodrama15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Talked to dd's choreographer and she thinks the TS song is the perfect song.  We are not sure if SO will approve it though (it's a new studio for us and we heard SO is not of fan of new popular songs).  So looking for suggestions for songs with that same vibe.  We have Toxic as a backup.....any ideas are appreciated!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.