Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
The BTFD site has information on all of the SIs but they are organized alphabetically and not by state.  There is a lot of great information but they way it is organized there is overwhelming.  I just wondered if someone has a list of SIs by state?

DD is not going away this summer but wants to get a head start researching programs for next year.  She's getting some pressure to go to one of the bigger programs but I don't necessarily think that's always the best decision.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
There's a website, balletauditions.com... something like that. They list auditions by all over the place and you can also search for programs. I believe you can search by state as well. Unfortunately, it is not a free site. 
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
It seems to be the big names, but Pointe magazine publishes a list by state.

http://www.dancemedia.com/resources?resource=summer

There used to be a pretty comprehensive list of programs that was free. Here's a link to the BalletAuditions.org. I won't pay for a service in lieu of a little legwork. I'm cheap that way.

http://www.balletauditions.org

joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Tendumom, I was a member on there last year but my membership expired.  I'll have to look into that again.  Thanks, Phx115!  That first DanceMedia link you sent has tons of intensives organized by state.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

I was a member there the first year. I paid for it last year in order to help find company auditions that we might have missed otherwise and it was a complete waste of money. They were very slow in posting company auditions, too slow for our needs. I even messaged the owner at some point to ask if they would even be posting auditions as there was nothing there at all when several companies had already announced their dates. 

It used to be that parents on BTFD got together and organized Google spreadsheets with all the auditions in various areas. It was all volunteers. I don't know for sure, but based on timeing, I believe someone who organized that there is the person who started the site. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.