Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, my DD is 19 and doing conventions and competing independently with a solo this season. I was telling her he other day that I love how leos look on her, she has such a beautiful body and legs. She replied and said “I don’t think girls in the senior room even wear leos from what I can remember”.do your older teens wear leos to conventions? What about cute leos with looser shorts over? I love the look but can’t remember if I see older teens wearing them. What do you think about leos on older teens? If your teens wear leos to conventions, where do you get cute ones from? Lol right now we only get black ones for ballet
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My kid will wear a leo with leggings.  She might throw a t-shirt on top of it though.
nyklane

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
The two conventions I've been to this season (OCT) -  (Revel, Beyond the stars) the seniors were wearing everything.  Leos - yes. Athletic type gear, yes, and everything in between.  Leos and booty shorts/regular shorts, etc.  Leos with very cool straps...  To hip hop gear.    I was looking as compared to the blinged out mini room!  [smile]  My poor daughter was in a black tank and black booty shorts... waaay underdressed!  lol. 
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
we just came back from Titans of Dance in ATL - I don't remember any seniors wearing leos.  (my dd was in the junior room - but the video's ive seen of our girls in the senior rooms didn't show any leos). now there WERE a lot of leo's in our room, one girl wore a very pretty lavender leo and you could tell it was glued - but my ONLY problem with the color was you could see EVERYTHING.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Very few leos in the senior room at our most recent convention. Mostly leggings and bra tops/tshirts and a messy hair don't care kind of vibe.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
What's with this new trend and the seniors wearing braletts? Girls at this past weekend's convention were literally wearing bras like this: 

http://www.aeropostale.com/lld-lace-triangle-crisscross-bralette/71113104.html?dwvar_71113104_color=1&dwvar_71113104_size=9300&cgid=lld-bras#start=17

[eek] 
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I cannot remember who, but I want to say someone from SYTYCD had a photo on social media recently with a similar top and I had the same reaction. Looked like underwear.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew
What's with this new trend and the seniors wearing braletts? Girls at this past weekend's convention were literally wearing bras like this: 

http://www.aeropostale.com/lld-lace-triangle-crisscross-bralette/71113104.html?dwvar_71113104_color=1&dwvar_71113104_size=9300&cgid=lld-bras#start=17

[eek] 

Those have been quite popular here for quite a while as costuming and during convention classes. 

I will admit that DD had a few costumes with bralette tops.  
prettyprissy15

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I notticed at NYCDA that the older girls didn't wear leos. It was mostly leggings, booty shorts, dance bras, tank tops, and crop tops. My daughter is a mini, and her room was filled with fancy leos!
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I knew the bralettes were going to start to become costume pieces.  I like it better than the rhinestoned bra. . .
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
DD15 has a barely there chest area, I don't think I would mind a bralette on her. She doesn't really need the support of a sports bra. That being said, I'm positive she wouldn't be comfortable wearing one as only dance wear.

She wears a leo and spandex shorts, no tights, and socks to convention. And a bun. Such a ballerina, lol.
Dancingemu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #12 
From what I've seen it's the "in betweens" that don't wear leos. The minis and seniors mostly wear leos. The middle groups are into the fad of everything 2 piece.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom

Those have been quite popular here for quite a while as costuming and during convention classes. 

I will admit that DD had a few costumes with bralette tops.  

It's been around for a long time here too.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.