Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Virginia9

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter has been at her studio for 5 years, and is very close to the SO. We're switching studios for multiple reasons, none of which are personal towards the SO (although honestly I'm worried that she may take them personally). I want to leave on the best terms possible, my daughter and I love and respect the SO...I was thinking of getting her a sweet gift from my daughter. Any reason I shouldn't? Is it weird??? I guess I'm worried she'll be mad we're leaving, you can never tell how someone will react, I guess. Talk me into or out of it, please[smile]
I was thinking of getting her matching keychains (1 for my dd and 1 for SO), with a meaningful phrase from my daughters solo this year (that SO choose music for her because she loves the musical it's from).
Thoughts???
Mumof4

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I would go for it. We give gifts all the time and would definitely do so if we had to leave.
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Our previous SO loved, loved, loved my DD but when we decided to move to a much more intense studio this year my DD's name was mud to her.  It was such a quick change in heart, and sad for us because we very much wished to stay on good terms.  I can't imagine previous SO wanting to carry a key chain that reminded her of my DD who left her studio.  I can only process this jarring experience by repeating the mantra that the dance world is a small and competitive place.  I hope your departure goes better than ours did.  I would write a heartfelt letter rather than give a gift if it were me.
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4
Our previous SO loved, loved, loved my DD but when we decided to move to a much more intense studio this year my DD's name was mud to her.  It was such a quick change in heart, and sad for us because we very much wished to stay on good terms.  I can't imagine previous SO wanting to carry a key chain that reminded her of my DD who left her studio.  I can only process this jarring experience by repeating the mantra that the dance world is a small and competitive place.  I hope your departure goes better than ours did.  I would write a heartfelt letter rather than give a gift if it were me.

I agree with this. There's always a lot of love when the money is coming in, but it is amazing how fast the attitude turns when it walks out the door.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: