Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
peppersmom67

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD9 will have about 45 minutes between school and dance and won't be getting home for dinner until 7:30. I would like to stock up on some healthy snacks for her to grab between school and dance to hold her over until she comes home for dinner. What are your go to healthy snacks?
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I usually grab the individual vegetable with ranch trays at Safeway or I give her cheese and lunch meat with crackers.
Mamala

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
cheese, peanut butter crackers, turkey slices, fruit
AnnaBeav

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I started buying the protein packs that have cubed meat, cheese and dried fruit. While I have not found any yet that are organic or hormone free my picky-eater daughter inhales them. She eats one of them before dancing and it holds her over until we have a late lunch.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBeav
I started buying the protein packs that have cubed meat, cheese and dried fruit. While I have not found any yet that are organic or hormone free my picky-eater daughter inhales them. She eats one of them before dancing and it holds her over until we have a late lunch.

I don't know if you have the time but making them yourself is super easy, you get the "good" meat and a lot of times it's cheaper in the long run!
skmdancemom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My daughter loves hummus with pretzel chips, tortilla chips with guacamole, and fruit. I know the pretzel chips and tortilla chips aren't the greatest, but the hummus and guac are great for her to get protein and feel full. I also usually get a rotisserie chicken and cube it up and she will dip that in the guac as well. She will eat this on the way to dance and during water breaks and then on the way home. I don't love her not being able to just sit and eat a meal, but that is just reality. I don't want her having her dinner at 8 when that is basically her bedtime (age 8).
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
How about you just make her a sandwich?  That seems like the perfect thing between school and dance and will fill her up more than snacks.  I guarantee she will still be hungry for dinner.
Livsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I usually grab some veggies and some string cheese! Our studio is also next to subway, so we often end up stopping and getting a salad with chicken! We are at the studio until at least 730 4 nights a week!!!
Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Hard boiled eggs and apples are popular here.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.