Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

bw182

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/09/abby-miller-dance-moms-kelly-attack-arrested/

Kelly Hyland was booked in November for assault and harassment.  Here's what we're told ... Abby was searching for new talent and Kelly was getting pissed off that her kids were being overlooked.  When Abby dared to bring a potential pint-sized star by the studio, our sources say Kelly freaked out.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/09/dance-moms-fight-kelly-hyland-arrested-abby-lee-miller-attack/

Kelly Hyland, mom to talented young dancers Brooke and Paige Hyland, was arrested and booked for “assault and harassment” in New York in Nov. 2013 after getting into an altercation with Dance Moms star, Abby Lee Miller, reported TMZTheir fight allegedly wasn’t just a shouting match: it reportedly even got physical with major hair-pulling!.....Charges have not yet been pressed in this case, but TMZ reports that three Dance Moms cameras captured the altercation 

I bet that Lifetime was the source for these articles, not a bad way to stir up controversy and increases viewers. 
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Yeah - so she was arrested back in NOVEMBER, but it's just making news right now, more than 2 months later, as the season is underway! This is such an obvious media ploy to drum up attention for the show!

And I also think the police in NYC and NO have better things to do with their time than arresting crazy reality show moms who are purposely making idiots out of themselves for ratings. They should be fined a lot of money for this crap so those taxpayers can be reimbursed and then some. Like there should be a law against "setting up" an argument or fight purposely that results in the police being called - like really, someone could have had a legitimate need for the police those days when the officers were off dealing with Kelly, Leslie and Christi's antics - very selfish of the show to use the police like that. I'd find some way to fine them *heftily* if I was in charge.
dancemama21

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
From what I know of Abby she probably called the cops without the producers influence. She has called the cops several times before (preshow) for assault and battery. She has called filed reports on Anthony Burrell (probably why he isn't on the show anymore) and she was very upset that production didn't stop the fight between her and Cathy. The report says that no further charges have been pressed meaning that Abby most likely had her arrested but due to the contract can't really do much more. 

If Kelly actually attacked her physically than Abby has every right to call the police. I wouldn't call that wasting the police time just because they are on a reality tv show. This is dance moms not the bad girls club.
My2DanceLoves

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
"When Abby dared to bring a potential pint-sized star by the studio, our sources say Kelly freaked out."

Yet she was arrested in New York?  The studio isn't in NY.

NEXT!!!  [rolleyes]

danna123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
However it went down, Abby probably had it coming. She would've told me to 'shut up' in public Once and then there might not be any more Abby Lee.
I took dance for 15 years, starting at 6 yrs old and NOT ONCE were I OR my parents abused like Abby abuses people.

I hope Kelly Pulled a whole patch out of that fat head.[smile]
Gizheiuranin

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Bad publicity. It's become a bad soap opera.
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I don't think they have the right to use the cops like this - if they are really affraid of each other they should get restraining orders and stop filming a stupid show together. Anthony Burrell was doing choreo for AUDC so Abby obviously isn't too afraid of him. Someone assaults to me the point where I'd call the cops on them, I don't invite TV cameras to video me as I go around them some more, I just stay the hell away from them! The police aren't paid to be supporting actors and extras in their TV show. There are *real* crimes and problems that need the police's attention - especially in cities like NY and NO.
Psmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danna123
However it went down, Abby probably had it coming. She would've told me to 'shut up' in public Once and then there might not be any more Abby Lee.
I took dance for 15 years, starting at 6 yrs old and NOT ONCE were I OR my parents abused like Abby abuses people.

I hope Kelly Pulled a whole patch out of that fat head.[smile]

Danna123, I'm not sure you're on the right forum. This is not a Dance Moms fan site. This is a forum for dance parents. If you are a dance parent then welcome to the forum. There's a Welcome Wagon thread where new members introduce themselves and their dancers to the other members.
danna123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Uh, pardon me, ps but this thread  was already here. Are you the hall monitor here or do you just pick and choose what can and cannot be discussed?
My2DanceLoves

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Uh, pardon me, ps but this thread  was already here. Are you the hall monitor here or do you just pick and choose what can and cannot be discussed?

She is one of many who are here because we have CHILDREN who dance , or are dance teachers or otherwise actually affiliated with dance.  This forum is not intended for people not at all affiliated with dance who just want to discuss a scripted show that doesn't represent the true reality most of us actually live.
dancermom128

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Is there any point at which we stop caring about this made for television NONSENSE??!!
dancermom128

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves
Quote:

She is one of many who are here because we have CHILDREN who dance , or are dance teachers or otherwise actually affiliated with dance.  This forum is not intended for people not at all affiliated with dance who just want to discuss a scripted show that doesn't represent the true reality most of us actually live.

Amen sister!
Psmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:

Actually, yes, I am the hall monitor.
danna123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Well, I took dance, ballet, modern and tap (kick , brush, step) for 15 years of my life. NOW can I decide what topic I respond to? Remember, this thread was already here, I didn't start it.
I didn't see anything in the rules where I had to announce my qualifications for being here.
dancermom128

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
Quote:
Actually, yes, I am the hall monitor.

[biggrin]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: