Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I know that there has been a lot of discussion about keeping booty shorts from riding up, any ideas for keeping leggings from falling DOWN?  NOt sure if adding darts at the waist would make the problem better or worse.  Going to try a cotton leo underneath, (no help for it, it's going to show panty lines) instead of the bra top to see if that helps... trying to avoid tights underneath...

2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We body glue the waistband if it's just the leggings. Do vertical strokes all around. Have baby wipes ready because you would need to clean that up before your DD changes to to other costumes.

Most of the time we wear footless tights under and pin the leggings to the tights then body glue the top edge, but you are trying to avoid this...
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
High waist leggings maybe?
AnnaBeav

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dornot2d
We body glue the waistband if it's just the leggings. Do vertical strokes all around. Have baby wipes ready because you would need to clean that up before your DD changes to to other costumes.

Most of the time we wear footless tights under and pin the leggings to the tights then body glue the top edge, but you are trying to avoid this...

Do you recommend any glue in particular?
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
They already are high waist [frown]

We don't have any body glue, but I might have some fashion tape if I can find it.  

Might try safety pinning it tonight.  Worried if I sew it smaller she won't be able to get them over her hips.
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBeav

It stays is our favorite

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015DA0E2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1510774775&sr=8-2&keywords=it+stays&dpPl=1&dpID=41ivdOIjQHL&ref=plSrch
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBeav

This is what our studio uses. Everyone has one and all DTs have one with them during competitions. They would walk around and glue whoever needs more. You can buy them at most dance stores.

YOFI COSMETICS  “Stick It” Roll on Adhesive

https://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_YO10.html?&pid=19198&Shop=Style&rfilter=Category%23Accessories%3ASubCategory%23Accessories%21Glues+%26+Adhesives&SID=1226957181
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge
They already are high waist [frown]

We don't have any body glue, but I might have some fashion tape if I can find it.  

Might try safety pinning it tonight.  Worried if I sew it smaller she won't be able to get them over her hips.

If you have enough time before that dance, you could sew after your DD put them on? I've sewn booty shorts on my dd's underwear leotard after she put them on... not completely finished so she could take them off (rip the thread) easily afterwards. 

The body glue we use, you can buy at a dance store if you have one near you.

If you can't find fashion tapes, buy a roll of toupee tape at Sally's or any hair supply store. They are cheaper and stronger.

HTH!
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
we pin to our tights.
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Find a different cut. They will fall down if they don't have enough butt curve.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks everyone, the show opened last Friday so we're good!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.