Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancingmama22

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We are doing KAR Nationals in Panama City FL in June this year. It will be our first Nationals. Anyone been to this one and have tips and tricks I should know ahead of time? What's the likelihood of having to be there on the last day? It's so strange that it's Tuesday through Monday. It has been hard to find a place to stay, especially considering we need to leave as soon as daughter is done dancing so flexibility seems to be key. Any ideas how soon before Nationals the schedule comes out?

Thanks in advance.
Rebelina

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We did this nationals last summer. The schedule came out a couple of weeks before. If I remember right my DD had her solo on Tuesday, trio on Wednesday, title competition Wednesday night, and groups the rest of the week. Our studio had 4 dances make it to the finale showcase on the last day. I would say your chances are good if you have group dances that always do well at regionals.

We rented a condo via a private owner on VRBO and they worked with us on the dates.
Dancingmama22

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for answering my questions! I'm a planner and this is killing me. If you don't mind, do you happen to remember if the last day is a full day/late evening or were you out of there by afternoon?

And do you remember how early dances started during the week? Did you feel you had a lot of downtime or were your group dances packed in together? My daughter is in a duet, two small groups, a large group, and a line. I expect it would be spread out but maybe not?

Thanks again for your input.

Dncemomfl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We have competed at KAR Panama City twice and both times we have stayed the Sunday night and traveled home Monday. As it gets closer call KAR and they will give you an idea of how the schedule will fall.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
when looking at hotels, if you want one that has availability look for ones that aren't right on the ocean.  there are public beaches with easy access all over, you don't NEED to be right on the beach to have a good time.
Dancingmama22

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you all for the advice. We went ahead and rented a condo. Crossing our fingers for a good experience.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.