Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancemom301

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone ever been to KAR nationals in Panama City Beach, Fl.? If so what can we expect and are competitons always this high? (Solos @$170, groups@ $70)
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I haven't been to KAR nationals before, but in my experience KAR and their affiliate competitions are more expensive than a lot and nationals for all is usually more expensive. The most I've paid for any competitions in recent years was $120 for a solo and $45 for a group. Most are closer to $100 and $35.
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I think you can always assume that Nationals run $10 or so more than regional costs per dance, and I know KAR charges on the more pricier end than other competitions.
Also do you know if your studio charges you what the competition charges or adds a little to the entry cost?

Have never attended KAR Nationals, sorry- no help there.
Dancemom301

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks guys for your response!  This is my first year with this studio and I thought the fees were extremely high.  I was also told that the studio sometimes will upcharge on comp fees, but for this particular comp they said they did not because KAR had increased the fees to this amount.  So I just wanted to get a feel to see if this is legitimate bc I value honesty and integrity and I'm not sure if the SO is being truthful. 
gandalf

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Another foolish thing about KAR Nationals is that they specifically are located in a Beach Community where weekly rentals are ALWAYS Saturday-Saturday. But yet there competition is Tuesday-Sunday. I get that we can get in early and enjoy the beach, but on the back end, 99% of the attendees will need to find another place to stay Saturday night.
My DH rented an awesome arif BNB for $900 a week, but then for that one extra night, we have to spend $300 for a cramped hotel room.
Newcompmom15

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We're doing KAR Nationals in CT and our fees are:
$165 solos
$85 per dancer duets/trios/groups
$195 titles
gandalf

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcompmom15
We're doing KAR Nationals in CT and our fees are:
$165 solos
$85 per dancer duets/trios/groups
$195 titles

$165 for a 2:30 solo is $4000 and hour.  I need to ask my boss for a raise
Dancemom301

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks Newcompmom15 I just found what are fees are and we are paying:

$165 solos
$ 78 per group
$91 duet/trios
$191 title

So I guess the fees are about same.  Some of the other parents informed me last year that their fees for KAR nationals were much lower.

Gandalf I agree!  Panama City beach comp is suppose to run from M-Sunday so we will need a total of eight nights!  Although we don't have our schedule yet to know what dates we will actually need to be there, we had to book our flights from Sunday- Monday [frown] 
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
We are attending KAR nationals in Las Vegas.  We were charged $158 for solos and $76 for group numbers.  I have no idea what title costs because we are not wasting any extra time on our last trip to Vegas competing for title.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: