Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm curious if anyone is attending.  If so, have you seen any type of a schedule yet?  Our studio will not be releasing any info until four days before.  I got some very reliable information here last year and I'm hoping I'll get lucky again.  I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of days and general times for senior intermediate solos, senior intermediate small and large groups and well as teen intermediate small and large groups all for what has in years past been the blue room (larger studios).  Thanks in advance.
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Our studio is also attending KAR nationals in vegas. Releasing the schedule to parents 4 days prior is insane to me, Parents would be in an uproar if that happened here[eek] SO says they will be getting the schedule soon (hopefully this week) and I will gladly pass along the info to you, as DD has senior int solos trios and groups. It is our first year going to KAR nationals so from what I've hears of the room colors, they still confuse me some, lol. Question for you, if your wouldn't mind since you've been before, is it true there is a closing group number at the end of the week the kids audition for when they get there? is there any other classes/auditions? Just curious as it is all new to us and everyone at our studio 
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I'm the worst dance mom ever.  I kind of remember some kids rehearsing for a number to open the finals but I can't be 100% sure.  That could have been the year before at Showstopper.  I will ask around and let you know.  My gut feeling is yes there was something like that but I think maybe the studio picked who got to participate after asking who was interested.  I'll get back to you.
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My DD did KAR nationals Las Vegas in 2016 and was in the final show.  Our SO got to pick 2 dancers to be in the final show.  She knew before we got there that she was selected to be in the final show, no audition.  DD went for rehearsals every morning from 8 am - 9 am during Nationals week to prepare.  To be in the front row you had to be able to do a double leg hold turn, so she practiced to perfect it because she wanted the front row (competitive dancer mentality right there!)
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
thank you all! Great info to get [smile]
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We are doing KAR in Toledo. That starts June 29. We got a tentative schedule two days ago. That would be June 13. In my experience KAR is super slow with releasing schedules. Sorry.
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4
My DD did KAR nationals Las Vegas in 2016 and was in the final show.  Our SO got to pick 2 dancers to be in the final show.  She knew before we got there that she was selected to be in the final show, no audition.  DD went for rehearsals every morning from 8 am - 9 am during Nationals week to prepare.  To be in the front row you had to be able to do a double leg hold turn, so she practiced to perfect it because she wanted the front row (competitive dancer mentality right there!)

Out of curiosity, around how many comp dances did your studio bring to KAR nationals when you went last year? I only ask because out studio has been seeming to "hide" some info from us lately and I need this information to finalize out travel plans. Anyway, I took it upon myself this morning to call KAR and find out for myself how the opening number is working this year (yes, Im THAT dance mom lol) and the lady told me that the number of dancers the studio gets to pick to be in the opening number is based off of how many dances the studio is bringing to nationals. Since you said your studio was able to pick 2 dancers I am curious now because our studio only has 4 group dances, a trio, and 4 solos competing at nationals (we have a very small comp team)
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dance010

Out of curiosity, around how many comp dances did your studio bring to KAR nationals when you went last year? I only ask because out studio has been seeming to "hide" some info from us lately and I need this information to finalize out travel plans. Anyway, I took it upon myself this morning to call KAR and find out for myself how the opening number is working this year (yes, Im THAT dance mom lol) and the lady told me that the number of dancers the studio gets to pick to be in the opening number is based off of how many dances the studio is bringing to nationals. Since you said your studio was able to pick 2 dancers I am curious now because our studio only has 4 group dances, a trio, and 4 solos competing at nationals (we have a very small comp team)

We had 17 dancers go last year.  A very small number compared to most studios there.
We changed studios this year and will have 100 go next year!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: