Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LittleMonkeyMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
So the weekend before Easter we were at Showstoppers in WI.  One of our teams had just performed and was walking back into the dressing room when a dancer from another studio came up & handed one of our dancers a card.

It was a sweet little note about what a great job the team had done, with candy attached.  It looked like it was pre-printed, like maybe it was a studio effort, even.  We never found out what studio the dancer was from, but I thought it was such a nice idea. 

So on the off chance that this dancer was actually from someone on the board's studio -- thank you!  It was a kind gesture that was MUCH appreciated! [smile]
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We had that happen at our first competition. And occasionally through the years. My younger one loved it so much she started making her own to give to people at comps unbeknownst to me!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
When DS was little there was a studio that actually had pins printed up.  Each of their comp dancers got one and they got to hand it out to a dancer from another studio who inspired them.  It was great.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
When DS was little there was a studio that actually had pins printed up.  Each of their comp dancers got one and they got to hand it out to a dancer from another studio who inspired them.  It was great.

Inspire Dance Competition has stickers that dancers can give others during the competition that say "you inspire me". My older daughter walked up to her toughest competitor who she didn't stand a chance of beating and gave her one. They finished 1 and 2... hung out and still keep in touch.

These are the competition moments you can't really describe to others when they question all this dance stuff.
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing. My daughter totally wants to do this now at our upcoming comp! Love it!!! We need more positivity occurring like this versus the crazy competitive vibe that frequently occurs. [smile]
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
At some point during DD's first year competing(maybe even her first comp!), an independent dancer gave her a card with a sweet message inside along with some candy. It was super sweet. They followed each other on social medias and have actually gotten to become great friends!
Ang091

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Our studio does this at competitions.  They do it as an effort to teach the girls sportsmanship, and to get them to meet dancers from other studios.
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I love this.
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
CC&Co does this, with bracelets, I believe. One of our dancers got one at a convention last month, and was so excited. Not one of the studio superstars, but a very hard worker and so passionate. Honestly, she inspires me at times! She definitely deserved it, and it was such a nice gesture [smile]
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKDAD
Inspire Dance Competition has stickers that dancers can give others during the competition that say "you inspire me". My older daughter walked up to her toughest competitor who she didn't stand a chance of beating and gave her one. They finished 1 and 2... hung out and still keep in touch. These are the competition moments you can't really describe to others when they question all this dance stuff.

NYCDA promotes "you inspire me" bracelets at their conventions.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
We were at a comp two weeks ago where some parents from another (very large) studio were backstage in charge of moving props for their kids. THey handed out "Good Luck/Great job" cards to other dancers after they got off the stage.  It really made the day for quite a few young dancers. [smile]

Mamala

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I love this. what a great idea!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.