Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello! I posted this toping in the "dance wear" category but thought it may fit better over here... My DD has been accepted to Joffrey Jazz and Contemporary summer intensive and we see that they require all Joffrey clothing. I have heard about ordering from Tites Boutique because they often go on sale there but for the life of me, I cannot seem to find a working website for them that I can order from, just a Facebook page. Is the Boutique even still open? If not, where should I get her the required clothing from? How much clothing is she going to need for an intensive? Anyone have experience with this before?

TIA!
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
This is what I posted the 1st time you posted this...

No idea about how they are selling it this year but dress code is absolutely not enforced. Not ever. Not even if they tell you it is. Look at their Instagram for videos from last summers. No Joffrey clothes. The first summer my DD bought a few things and wore them occasionally. The next summer she wore nothing related to Joffrey. Do not be tricked into thinking they will kick her out of class if she doesn't buy a black Leo that is embossed with Joffrey (you can't even see it).

dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you!! We may pick up a few things for memorabilia and just so DD doesn't freak out not having anything in their "dress code" but good to know we probably won't be having to purchase a whole new dance wardrobe!
mic123

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I was one who asked this same question last year.  I can now be added to the ones who say it is not necessary.  If you really feel that you want to order something, wait until the last minute and they will have everything on sale for $10 plus free shipping.
There was no way I was going to pay their prices for a plain black leotard.

I also second what dancermom128 says about looking on their instagram to see what others are wearing.
Candance123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi--my daughter attended last year and .I can confirm no one enforced the dress code. Just wear black. I think that the online store is gone, btw.
carlz918

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I went last summer and the dancing is great but don't worry about the dress. I wore my Joffrey t-shirt a total of two times over 7 weeks spent in New York in their programs and the leotard only when I hadn't don't my laundry. That to say it is always nice to have something for memories/ with the Joffrey logo. My mom had great luck ordering off of amazon, tires boutique sells through there.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: