Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MikiDM

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello. My daughter is doing her first SI. She will be doing Joffrey NYC Jazz. What do they need to wear? Shoes? They are being very evasive saying JBS leotard, shorts and tops. That's gives me nothing. Anyone done this program and knows attire? TIA
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Joffrey doesn't enforce dress code. Just bring, leos, shorts and sports bras.
mic123

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
dancermom128 is right.  My daughter did the ballet intensive last year and any black leotard was acceptable.
I did end up buying a couple (just in case) when they went on sale for $10 and you can't event see the logo. 
Bottom line is they are not necessary, and I would not have paid full price for one.
As for shoes, I would bring all dance shoes (jazz, ballet, character, hip hop, etc).
MikiDM

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Does everything have to be black? Can you wear street shoes for hip hop. Also character shoes.... can jazz shoes suffice?
mic123

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I can only speak for the ballet intensive - yes, black.
As for the shoes, I took this from their website for the jazz/contemporary intensive so I would say you need character shoes, but street shoes would be fine for hip hop:

Your schedule will include classes in a variety of genres:
  • Hip Hop
  • Ballet Technique
  • Jazz, Contemporary, Modern
  • Theater Dance, Improvisation, Horton Technique, etc.

Bring appropriate shoes for the appropriate classes: a slightly heeled character shoe, ballet slippers, street shoes, etc. Please also remember to bring your Yoga mat, as you will be having Pilates classes at least twice a week.

ETA:  I had my daughter bring all shoes in the event they were needed.  This included tap as they had an optional evening tap class.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.