Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Audrey's Mom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all,
My DD12 is going to audition for Joffrey's Musical Theater summer intensive next week. (She is also attending the jazz contemporary audition for the experience.)

Can anyone give me a rundown of what she can expect. All we know is to have 16 acapella bars ready and to be ready to dance. 

Also any incite for the jazz/contemporary is appreciated too.

TIA!
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My daughter did the musical theater audition last year.  It was great fun.  The guy who ran it was very warm and welcoming.  They learned choreography from Sweet Charity and then performed it in small groups.  Then everyone left the room and one by one he took them back in to sing their piece.  She heard back a few weeks later... from what I understand everyone gets in so I don't think there's any need to stress.  Just have fun.
Nattyro

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My DD 13 did the Joffrey Jazz SI audition in January. This was our first experience at auditioning. She loved it! I see others saying everyone gets in but we haven't heard anything yet. They told her she would get her "scores" within 2 weeks. She is anxious to hear from them. Anyone have any experience in getting scores from Joffrey auditions?
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyro
My DD 13 did the Joffrey Jazz SI audition in January. This was our first experience at auditioning. She loved it! I see others saying everyone gets in but we haven't heard anything yet. They told her she would get her "scores" within 2 weeks. She is anxious to hear from them. Anyone have any experience in getting scores from Joffrey auditions?

I'm not sure what they were referring to with "scores".  My dd didn't get any score.  Just an acceptance to the program she was auditioning for.  As well as an acceptance to a program she hadn't auditioned for.  Which was odd... but maybe it hadn't attracted a lot of interest (I think it was a Bollywood program).
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
It's typical of Joffrey to send acceptances to programs the dancer did not audition for. Dd only ever auditioned for ballet there and was accepted to a bunch of other programs. That was several years ago and it sounds like that has not changed. 

My guess is that their "scores" determine which programs they will be accepted to and the relative level. Though, they do not generally indicate a level. 
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyro

She auditioned in January and hasn't received results yet? It generally takes a week. They don't send scores they tell you you are are accepted and if you got a scholarship. They do post results on the website. If you haven't received an email I would call or email them.
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
DD18 auditioned for joffrey jazz in january as well. We heard back within a week and a half. She only auditioned for jazz and contemporary program but was accepted to many others, including hip hop and musical theater[redface] She loved the audition! Just did some across the floor technique and them learned a jazz/ contemporary combo  in the center. Ages 8 and up were all in the same room together. Such a good audition experience for her!! Now we just have to see if I will be sending her alone to NYC for a month this summer [crazy][eek]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: