Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Keytibeth

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Looking for song suggestions. I'm really liking the style of "That Man" and the teacher wants something really upbeat like "Sax".
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I probably saw 4 "Sax" solos at every comp we went to this year. 
Keytibeth

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Oh we aren't doing Sax. An older comp group did it last year. That was just a reference as to what type of songs she's looking for. I'm really likingredients "That Man"
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
"Im still hot" is upbeat like Sax, but is used much less than Sax is used at comps we've been to
nyklane

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We did Sax last year - and I'm following because we are looking maybe for a similar song.  I'm still hot is great -but I think the lyrics might be a bit much.. no? 
Anna2121

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We are in the same boat .Last year my daughter did Shake the room which was so fun and upbeat. We are having a hard time finding something as fun that is age appropriate .
petuniasmommy

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My daughter did a group tap number to shake the room by Gamu, also a jazz number to check it out (Clean) by will. I. Am. And Nicki Minaj. Went over pretty well, it was edited and mixed though so it didn't sound exactly like it would in Spotify or radio
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Here's a few ideas that DD14 was able to come up with! Please let me know if you'd like more, DD has lists, lol!

-"Emergency" by Icona Pop(didn't see this last year, was mildly overused a couple years ago)
-"Clap Snap" by Icona Pop
-"Happy" by C2C(repetitive, but very upbeat)
-"Trouble" by Neon Jungle
-"Something's Got a Hold on Me" by Christina Aguilera(We would also recommend checking out the Etta James version!)
-"Proud Mary" by Tina Turner(lots of good versions of this song)
-"The Boy Does Nothing" by Alesha Dixon
-"Bang Bang" by Will.I.Am
-"Handclap" by Fitz and the Tantrums
-"The Walker" by Fitz and the Tantrums (originally was DD's tap solo song last year, so fun)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.