Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
EvaE1izabeth

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone have any luck finding jazz shoes that are more comfortable for wide feet? My daughter has those half shoe things she likes for class but she hates the gore boots required for performances because they never fit correctly. Right now she is wearing a Capezio wide because it's the only wide we could find locally. She is pretty self conscious about her feet because they are wide both sideways and up and down in the arch, so I don't know how much of it is that she hates how they look, but she stresses out about performing in them and concert rehearsals are starting. There are only 2 brands in our local store so I'm thinking of ordering something online. She doesn't ever have this problem with ballet shoes, she's worn a few different brands comfortably, canvas the last few years. They are just supposed to be nude gore boots, I don't think she wears the preferred brand because of the width but they look the same on stage and with jazz shoes the requirement description isn't as specific. I think as long as they don't have laces and are nude they will be fine (and I don't know if the preferred color is tan or caramel since the costume checklist says nude, I need to double check since what she has is correct).

Thank you!
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Have her check out capezio freeforms. They come in a wide width and may be more comfortable for her. They come in nude as well. 
elastigal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Your DD's feet are like my DD's - wide with tall arches. Our required jazz boot (a So Danca boot) does not fit her well and it is a struggle to get them on, but we are stuck with them. She wears the wide width too. For class though she wears Bloch jazz boots, not sure which model though that she is currently wearing. But they fit her feet really well and she is happy wearing them. She also wears Bloch ballet slippers. So I would suggest trying Blochs.
JulieDB

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My daughter's feet were like that. No jazz shoes ever fit her right and especially not the boots. Thankfully she never needed those. And beyond the very beginning classes, they weren't required in class. So she only wore them for recital if required. And thankfully she didn't need those in later years. She would spend two hours trying on shoes and finally wind up with some that were actually too long for her because she had to keep going up in sizes to get the width. Makes no sense to me the way the dance shoes run.
brizziemum

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Have found a similar situation with character shoes. We have to have one to two sizes bigger to allow for the narrowness. Bloch (the recommended for rad exams) is worse as they are extra pointy - look like clown shoes on my dd and a tripping hazard.
kr12

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Bloch makes the "phantom" jazz shoe that is a stretchy canvas.  Capezio also has a stretchy canvas jazz shoe.  These might help accommodate the width if you play with the size.  They do wear out much quicker than a leather jazz shoe.
frogerella

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Our studio uses Leo's GioFlex LS4006L and they've been great for DD wide feet -no complaints and wears them willingly.  We've used Capezio's and SoDanca but found both to be tight and uncomfortable.  SoDanca was better but consistency in size was hit or miss.  One time we traded with another girl who had narrow feet because her regular was wider than our wide.  The owner of the dancewear place that I buy them from has wide feet and said the regular width in the Leo's are wider than the wide size of Capezio's.  They are also about $10 cheaper than the other two brands (at least around here) and seem to hold up longer.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: