Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

Jsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all,

So glad to have found this site. I have 2 young boys doing jazz and hip hop routines and need some help picking music...anyone have some faves for boys.
lildancersmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

at our studio the little guys dance to alot of Justin Beiber, they've used Party Rock Anthem, some music Step Up.  Alot if making it appropriate is using music editing. 

squirreltrench

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
How young is young?
Jsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
They are 7 and 9 and doing 2 solos and a duet together. Justin Bieber is one of the boys picks.

squirreltrench

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
This is fun, but I think your boys are probably not quite old enough to appreciate this one:

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
DS did Razzle Dazzle at 9 but that was tap.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My Ds has done Footloose, Make 'em laugh and my favourite last year was a remixed version 'I Won't Dance" (loved it), it combined the teaditional with a funky vibe. 
3leftfeet

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
They could have fun with either one of these:

Love This Cat by The Oak Ridge Boys:

Boom, Boom, Boom by The Oak Ridge Boys:

This one mentions Jesus and God, so I don't know if some people would find it objectionable:

The Boys are Back by The Oak Ridge Boys:

Jsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the suggestions....will have a listen and let you know what we come up with...going to try and pick a few songs to mix for the hip hop....wish me luck!! lol!!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #10 
You should also check out The Puppies.  They have some pretty good hip hop/jazz music for that age range.
squirreltrench

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmom
Thanks for the suggestions....will have a listen and let you know what we come up with...going to try and pick a few songs to mix for the hip hop....wish me luck!! lol!!

Have fun doing the remix.... it's always a blast to prep the music for a routine especially when you get it slamming!  I've written a few articles that are hopefully helpful on the subject of cutting/editing/remixing the music well; here's one on how to avoid clicks and pops. Hope that is useful to you!
Jsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I will definitely check that out because I am so an amateur, lol!!! Thanks for sharing it!!

dance2damusic

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
angry birds remix...lots of fun remixes of boy songs right now!  There is a mario remix that is a stitch.  Also, lots of fun pirate songs from many pirate movies out in recent years.  Think thru movie soundtracks, youtube remixes of songs you like etc.
Jsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Angry birds and Mario would be totally up their alley! Will go check those out! Thanks!!
mahoganyDANCE

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Hi I am a hip hop dancer
 Think this song would be cute for little boys, me and my little cousin used it for a performance when we were little 

if you want something more light 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: