Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD13 is in a show choir that is doing a 70s medley.  Each singer needs to find an appropriate costume.  Hard to believe, but she's never had this style in 10 years of dance!  I'd prefer to keep costs very low -- under $20.  Size needed is Adult Small.  She isn't set on a dress vs. pants or shorts, so anything is a possibility.

If you have an old recital costume that fits the bill and you want to sell it, please let me know.  Thanks!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I have a great hippie outfit that we put together from the Salvation Army for a fashion show DD was in last year at school...Tan corduroy pants with floral fabric added to make "groovy" bell bottoms, flowered peasant shirt, fur vest, macramé purse and flower headpiece.  It was darling.

Not sure if you're looking for the early 70's hippie look or the later 70's disco look.  Let me know. 
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Just asked DD -- it's a disco number to Boogie Wonderland.  Costume sounds adorable, though!  Wish we could use it!
owensamo

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Now's a great time to look for costumes! Check eBay or Halloween costume sites for Disco costumes - there are a number of them up to $20 (from a quick google search) and a bunch more if you're willing to spend up to $30. Or see if your local Halloween pop-up store is clearancing out it's inventory today - they may have something on sale.
Dancinandlovinit

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I have some fabulous shoes that would work...what size is she? 

cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I'd just hit you local Goodwill and look for a paisley dress or anything similar.  Add a gold lame belt and some boots, bump the hair and you are good to go.
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Yes, I plan to do the Goodwill or Halloween store thing if necessary, but figured I'd offer to help out a fellow dancemom first by helping thin out the old costume buckets.  Heaven knows I'd love to offload some of our old costumes to a new owner who would use them!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: