Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We will be at Precision Arts Challenge in Schaumburg, IL.  DD13 has 3 solos she'll be competing on Sunday morning.  I was worried the competition would conflict with a rehearsal she has at 3 for her Sleeping Beauty ballet, but thankfully it didn't.  We got lucky!

DD16 has this weekend off but then she competes again the following weekend.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We will be at Elite Dance Cup in Kansas City with DD8. Looks like a super small competition, only Saturday and done by early afternoon Sunday!
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Celebrity
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Revolution in Grand Rapids, MI.  Looking forward to seeing some of the dance moms and dancers from DD's old studio.

jackilvsmath

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Starpower Indianapolis
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpierremom
Revolution in Grand Rapids, MI.  Looking forward to seeing some of the dance moms and dancers from DD's old studio.

I love Revolution!  We'll be competing there the following weekend.
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We will be at Beyond the Stars in Detroit. We just just got the supposed final schedule today and they state no changes, however there are some pretty big mistakes on their end with the scheduling (like all Star solos in same age group competing on totally different days. Don’t know how that will work for overalls.) Also several of our routines containing some dancers in common are scheduled back to back and I know there has to be a couple acts from other studios they can slip in between there but won’t. All of these factors make me very nervous for this weekend.😬
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle
We will be at Beyond the Stars in Detroit. We just just got the supposed final schedule today and they state no changes, however there are some pretty big mistakes on their end with the scheduling (like all Star solos in same age group competing on totally different days. Don’t know how that will work for overalls.) Also several of our routines containing some dancers in common are scheduled back to back and I know there has to be a couple acts from other studios they can slip in between there but won’t. All of these factors make me very nervous for this weekend.😬

We had the same issues with BTS having major mistakes on their end in St. Louis.
Krobinson1020

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
We just competed at BTS this weekend in Youngstown and it ran really smoothly.  The judges were really well qualified and gave great feedback at awards.  Hopefully it goes well for you!
LittleMonkeyMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle

I love Revolution!  We'll be competing there the following weekend.

We will be at Revolution the weekend of 4/27-29 as well!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpierremom

We're in GR this weekend too but for Legacy. My daughter was going to compete her solo at Revolution while we were on that side of the state but the general schedule shows it would conflict with her group dances at Legacy. Oh well. Just curious, do you have the entire schedule or just your studio? Any idea how many advanced teen solos there are? 
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Starquest in Long Island.  Congrats to your DD!  She was beautiful and from one Esmeralda to another, Scar said she more than deserved the difficulty award!

J

joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyMom

We will be at Revolution the weekend of 4/27-29 as well!

Which one are you doing?  I  think they have 2-3 that weekend.

stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew

We're in GR this weekend too but for Legacy. My daughter was going to compete her solo at Revolution while we were on that side of the state but the general schedule shows it would conflict with her group dances at Legacy. Oh well. Just curious, do you have the entire schedule or just your studio? Any idea how many advanced teen solos there are? 

Still don't have the full schedule; we only know that it's a 1-day event and she will likely compete all day, with solo at the end of the day.  Hope we get it soon . . . 
leapdaymom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
We will be at Beyond the Stars in CT 4/20-4/22. We have had good experiences with BTS in the past...they are usually very organized. Happy it is school vacation week or my daughter would have had to miss school on Friday to get there on time!
nodrama15

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Onstage NY
LittleMonkeyMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:

Which one are you doing?  I  think they have 2-3 that weekend.

Chicago!  How about you?
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyMom

Chicago!  How about you?

Yep, we are in Chicago too!

What age category is your DD?  Mine will be competing in senior solos and teen and senior groups.
LittleMonkeyMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:

Yep, we are in Chicago too!

What age category is your DD?  Mine will be competing in senior solos and teen and senior groups.

She will be in Teen Solo/duet & junior/teen groups.  I see there's a general schedule up, but our DT hasn't forwarded specific times yet.  We will definitely be there both days, but you might get lucky & only have to be there Sunday depending on what level your dd competes in. 😉

Billpayer2000

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Encore DCS.  With every number revised due to one knee injury and a broken foot. [frown]
Emmie46

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
We will be at Precision Arts Challenge in Schaumburg, IL.  DD13 has 3 solos she'll be competing on Sunday morning.  I was worried the competition would conflict with a rehearsal she has at 3 for her Sleeping Beauty ballet, but thankfully it didn't.  We got lucky!

DD16 has this weekend off but then she competes again the following weekend.

We will be there too. Our groups are all Saturday evening and our solos and Duets are Sunday. Nice to not have to take time off from school.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmie46
We will be there too. Our groups are all Saturday evening and our solos and Duets are Sunday. Nice to not have to take time off from school.

Is your DD competing a solo?  Maybe we will see you!
Emmie46

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:

Is your DD competing a solo?  Maybe we will see you!

Yes, she is doing her contemporary and Variation solo plus her duet.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmie46
Yes, she is doing her contemporary and Variation solo plus her duet.

It would be great to meet you!  I am thinking your DD is a junior though and not a teen?
Emmie46

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:

It would be great to meet you!  I am thinking your DD is a junior though and not a teen?

She’s 14 so I believe a teen.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.