Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jubon

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Going independent this year Those of you who are independent dance moms, where do you buy costumes? So many companies sell to studios only. We are not into spending lots of money that custome costumes cost.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My dd's costumes came from local dance stores/websites.  Discount Dance, Dancewear Solutions, etc.  You don't need anything glitzy and glamorous although if you like that there are places where you can buy those too.  Either resale sites or custom and not always for huge money.  No need for costume catalogs.
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Any stock costumes you buy from places like Discount Dance can be customized by you by adding crystals, appliqu├ęs, organza flowers, extra fabric, ribbons etc.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My daughter competed with a studio this year, and we found 1 solo costume at Forever 21 ($10 on Black Friday!!) and the other was a recycled duet costume from the previous year which was made of pieces from Dancewear Solutions.

I have also been known to scour the internet and find great deals on resale sites.

I agree with heidi...so easy to find what you need for solos without using a catalog.

AusDM

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I have sourced costumes from a wide range of sources including eBay - I bought a one off sample Broadway Jazz costume that was gorgeous, there's also some sellers on there that have costumes from well known companies and are BNWT.  We have a few domestic companies that sell direct to parents (we're based in Australia).
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
The last 2 years my DD has worn leotards. One was custom but the other was just a lucky leo with nothing's added to it. Personally I don't care for catalog costumes for a solo.
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Agree with the above posters and also, one of DD's former teachers offered to order from a catalog if we found something we liked.  Perhaps one of your dancer's current or former teachers or studios would be willing to put in an order for you if you asked.  So many choices out there, have fun with it!
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
The last 2 years my DD has worn leotards. One was custom but the other was just a lucky leo with nothing's added to it. Personally I don't care for catalog costumes for a solo.

DD's like that too, but every year we manage to find a catalog costume that she likes, it just takes a lot of looking, lol!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: