Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Well, I do feel like a real dance mom again.  Got off the plane Friday at 4:30, made it to the theatre by 6:45 to see the first OBT Company performance of Impact (for me - they had already done 6 shows the previous week and Thursday night). On Saturday, I saw the school show at 1:00 and Impact at 7:30 and the school show on Sunday at 1:00.  It was so much fun!! I miss those days. 

Brag Alert - dd danced better than I've ever seen her dance.  Her variation in Paquita got huge applause, and the contemporary piece was nothing short of amazing by all 7 dancers.  Here is one photo from that dance called, "Luxe, Calme et Volupte", choreographed by Alison Roper and then a photo after the last school show. 

Luxe Calme.jpg 

IMG_3465.JPG 

heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Brag away!  Beautiful!
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Wow!  Fabulous...truly fabulous!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
That's wonderful!
IreneP

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Beautiful! 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Brava! So glad you got to see her perform a few times!!
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Lovely!  So glad you were able to soak in the joy of watching your dd dance again!
dancypants

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
That is so cool! You must be very proud!
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
She is simply beautiful!  Brag away!

2girls

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Wow! What a great picture! How wonderful to have such a talented, beautiful daughter. I live in the Portland area. I will have to make an effort to go see her sometime. So, she dances for OBT professionally? 
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Gorgeous!!!!
marabbit

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Wow, beautiful
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girls

Wow! What a great picture! How wonderful to have such a talented, beautiful daughter. I live in the Portland area. I will have to make an effort to go see her sometime. So, she dances for OBT professionally? 

Thank you! She is in the Professional Division at OBT, but her meeting is scheduled with the AD and she's already been told she will get a contract next year, so I'm hoping that really happens.  She was Spanish, Snow and Flowers Corps in all 17 Nutcrackers, performed in Cinderella and Impact, so it's looking good, but I'll believe it when the ink is dry on the paper![smile]

OBT is very, very good.  They have some amazing dancers.  You should go see them, just to see awesome dancing.  They can do traditional ballet and contemporary beautifully, so depending on what you like, check the schedule for next year and go see them!  Portland is such a great city for the arts.  They love their ballet - wish I could move there.
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
What a gorgeous DD you have!  Love the pic of her in the leap, such beautiful lines! 

Btw...My DD just loves your DD's hands (I may have said this before)!  DD has a "thing" for beautiful feet and especially beautiful hands and every picture you've ever posted of your DD that I've shown to my DD, she has remarked that your DD's hands and feet are just gorgeous and her goals!
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Beautiful!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom
What a gorgeous DD you have!  Love the pic of her in the leap, such beautiful lines! 

Btw...My DD just loves your DD's hands (I may have said this before)!  DD has a "thing" for beautiful feet and especially beautiful hands and every picture you've ever posted of your DD that I've shown to my DD, she has remarked that your DD's hands and feet are just gorgeous and her goals!

Thank you!  I think you did mention it before but it's always nice to hear!!!  I will tell her!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: