Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Just trying to find reviews, feedback, but finding very little info out there?  VIP canceled their comp in our area (for the 2nd year in a row), so we are now attending Imagine Dance Challenge (and they are sold out).  Just curious!  Thanks.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Now I'm getting REALLY nervous that no one has anything to say or knows anything about Imagine [eek]
dancelivelovelaugh

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Have never been to this comp before but we are supposed to attend this comp season. Did you ever check the dance competition hub website for reviews on comps?
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancelivelovelaugh
Have never been to this comp before but we are supposed to attend this comp season. Did you ever check the dance competition hub website for reviews on comps?

I have and there is nothing [frown].  Which one are you all attending dancelivelovelaugh?
DanceMomLaura

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
This will be a new one for us this season too!  I couldn't find much out there.  Hmmmmmm
dancelivelovelaugh

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Attending Imagine on Long Island in April.
LOL I just looked at dance competition hub.
I guess this is first year I didn't read reviews yet. Kinda funny I write about checking that website and there is one review haha. Gotta laugh and just hope it's a good one
Which one are you attending?
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We are attending in Woodbridge, VA on March 10 - 12. I will post a review once the weekend is over!  

DanceMomLaura - where are you all attending?
DanceMomLaura

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We will be in Providence RI at the end of April.
dancelivelovelaugh

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Good luck to both of you and hope it's a great comp!
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks all.  Looks like I may be at this one first, so I post my thoughts when it's over.  This is only my DDs 2nd year competing so I'm still trying to figure it all out, but I'll give some feedback [smile]
Dance1SLife

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #11 
We went to Imagine last year but my daughter only brought her solos with a couple other girls who took their solos as well from our studio. I felt like the scoring was fair and they gave the same critiques you hear from other competitions. I would take my daughter again this year but our studio has a mandatory competition the same weekend with another company.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance1SLife
We went to Imagine last year but my daughter only brought her solos with a couple other girls who took their solos as well from our studio. I felt like the scoring was fair and they gave the same critiques you hear from other competitions. I would take my daughter again this year but our studio has a mandatory competition the same weekend with another company.

Thanks for the review.  We will find out in a few weeks [smile]

dancelivelovelaugh

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Let us know when they come out with schedule!  I always love when we know 2 weeks prior LOL vs 1 week or days before.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Let us know when they come out with schedule!  I always love when we know 2 weeks prior LOL vs 1 week or days before.

Schedule is out.  It's kind of all over the place and I can't figure out the 2 room thing.  Solos appear to be in "room 2".  I sure hope for our soloists sake that doesn't mean the gym!  The venue only has 1 auditorium!

My DD will have a super early call time Saturday morning for the Line and then again on Sunday for her large group.  Then we end it all Sunday night with her small group.  Then we have an hour and half drive home after awards Sunday at 5:45 [frown] Long weekend coming [frown]
dancelivelovelaugh

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
So how did it go last weekend??
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
So how did it go last weekend??

Unorganized and slow!  Not a comp our studio will return too.  We popped in Friday night to check it all out and within a 45 minute window, we only saw 5 solos.  Not sure was the issues were, but it was moving quite slow!  One of the awards ceremonies on Saturday took 1 1/2 hours!  Judging I thought was fair though and I believe we received some good feedback.  Room 2 for junior solos on Saturday was the gym with a marley floor put down. Kind of strange.    

Photography was bad.  I don't care to see the tops of the judges heads in all the shots, nor do I want blurry feet.   Oh and their pictures were crazy expensive! 

No time limit apparently for setting up props. We sat through one that took almost 10 minutes.

Huge lag time between numbers and the music was way too loud.  The lag time just before our girls last number was because the group that was on just before them were out in the hall running their dance!  Why the backstage person didn't just move them along is a mystery to all of us.  

Lighting issues on Sunday with a light out right at center stage.  They tried to fix it, but it was never fully corrected.  

None of the employees could answer any questions.  One would think the people working the merchandise, who are most accessible, would be able to answer questions, but these girls could not.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: