Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I started the previous thread on SYTYCD The Next Generation, but it is time for a new one!  We are down to the final five contestants.  I love them all, and don't want any of them to leave the show. Our house is Team Tate, but each of the final five is so spectacular!  Are your dancers enjoying the show?
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Sorry - I have zero interest in the show.
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Haven't watched a minute of it. Makes me sad, since it was the favorite show of our family before they decided to exploit kids. I won't watch children in any reality tv format, I don't believe it is healthy. From the commercials I've seen, it looks like kids we see (and actually have seen these same kids, on a couple occasions) at any convention.
DanceMomLaura

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
No interest.  Tried watching once with my daughter.  Couldn't even get through the show.

ETA:  I think my daughter has even given up.  LOL
tinydancers

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD9 watches. I watched the first few episodes with her but I don't have any interest in watching alone. It used to be one of my favorite shows.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We have been watching mainly because Tate is from our city and we are curious to see how she does. I must say that it is not as compelling as when there were adults dancing,, and I hate all of the fluff.
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
No interest here either
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I watch (not closely) but DD refuses.  Those of us involved in competition dance know that we could see this level of quality just about any weekend and some of our kids may actually be as good as these kids.  And that's what makes it a train wreck.  What's impressive is how quick these kids are picking up choreography, although their routine with their All Star is pretty much the same week after week.

Tate is definitely my favorite, although you can feel the judges started to caution people away from her and although they are MAGNIFICENT, I'm a little tired of her battements. I'm a huge Robert fan, but would not vote for him because I think JT is getting a free pass by being his partner and the way they're portraying their relationship.  

If it's not Tate, then I hope it's Kida (it would have been Ruby until this past week's show).  Great attitude, seems to be able to take on different styles and remain true to himself.  

And then this experiment will be gloriously over.  Hopefully never to be seen again.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I have no interest. My dd has no interest. I personally don't know a single person IRL that is watching.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #10 
No interest here either.  I haven't watched it even once.
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I have to say despite wanting to hate the format, I actually don't mind it as much as I expected to.  While I want them to bring it back to adults and the format the way it was when the show first began, it isn't as horrible as I thought it would be.  That is once the regular show started, I hated the auditions, too much cutesy and giggling. 

I am impressed at how well they've handled the pressure.  Wasn't a fan of ballroom in this format though, a little creepy to me.

I know that we have seen some extremely talented kids at conventions, personally I like seeing kids with different strengths as opposed to watching hundreds of different talented contemporary dancers, no offense to Tate (love her). I think many people refused to watch on principle alone, not that I can blame them, but it isn't as horrible as it was expected.

Taar0309

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
We've watched. I must admit I am not enjoying it as much as the original SYTYCD. I am loving the group numbers and enjoying the other performances. To me their just doesn't seem to be much depth, guessing that comes with life experiences and maturity. I think the final 5 are all great! My fav is Tahani, I think she does all styles really well. She is considered a hip hopper but imo she does contemporary just as well. I absolutely love watching Kathyrn McCormick!!! Could literally watch her all day! She is so authentic and raw! Just unreal! I am ready for the original version to be back though!
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysmom
We have been watching mainly because Tate is from our city and we are curious to see how she does. I must say that it is not as compelling as when there were adults dancing,, and I hate all of the fluff.

Hi 4boysmom,

I'm from the capital city about three hours north of you!!
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I tried to watch it but found it boring.  Like kmpmom said, I've seen equal and sometimes better talented kids at comps.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
We hated seeing Ruby go!  She was our #1.  Of the ones that are left I like them all but JT and Tahani are our favorites.  It's obvious the judges favor Tate.  She is amazing.
FlaPoloDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Our house is Team Tahani and JT!  I predicted the Top 5 and was right.  My daughter thinks Tate is good, but she says she does the same thing (one leg up).  I can't wait to see what comes of this.  My daughter hopes that they have a tour, but I am not sure how that would work.  I guess that many are home school they could probably tour.[biggrin]
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Tate's leg is starting to irritate me. 
tinydancers

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew

[rofl]
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
You can only blame Tate's leg on the choreographers.  And it's a shame because she doesn't need that, she's a very strong dancer capable of so much more than just a leg behind her head.  [frown]  DD was with her (and Kathryn) at Stacy Tookey's intensive in Canada.  DD said she is SUCH a sweet kid.  SO talented.

ETA - I think JT could win it on the cute factor alone.  Not to mention he's pretty talented for his age.  His mirror dance was my FAVORITE!
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Have been watching every week with my dd's. I think Kidda is fantastic at what he does and him and Fikshun are great together. All the kids are adorable and talented but I don't feel like anyone is being pushed very far out of their comfort zone and it seems clear from the get go who the 2 favorites are. Love Robert and JT together but feel like their dances are all pretty much the same but hey, I never mind watching Robert! I also thought it was stupid that Nigel compared kid duets against kid/all star duets...not really fair. Maddie has nothing good to say, should have kept her as a host and not a judge.

I hope the regular format comes back. There is only so much you can do with adults/kids dancing together.
melpadgett

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew

Anyone remember season ONE... it was Melody and she was always doing a right leg extension!!
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
still not watching
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I've only watched a few times if it was taped so I could fast fwd the judges comments and the kids being silly for popularity points.
Although our house is team Tate, and we wish her the best. You will never meet a nicer, more sincere and crazy talented kid in your life. She's a good soul who works hard and supports every dancer. They may really showcase her one leg, but it's her depth and emotional connection to the song and movement that holds you. It's really what dance is about.
The formats not ideal, and I hate them cutting the kids from a nationally broadcasted show.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I wasn't gonna, but the train wreck lure was too much. I watched via on demand. I made it about 20 minutes. Just can't do it.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
We watched the first couple but during the summer, we don't watch a lot of tv. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: