Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 10 of 10     «   Prev   7   8   9   10
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #226 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls
I couldn't get into Breaking Bad, I tried but it wasn't to be. Currently I'm doing a Sons Of Anarchy rewatch.

I couldn't get in to Breaking Bad either.  My hubby kept trying and I just couldn't.

LOVED SOA though! 
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #227 
I love Disney but I also love Universal!  I want to go back as its been almost 9 years since I have been
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #228 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tinydancer

I have a wand! (I also have a sonic screwdriver. 10th Doctor of course.) I've been several times but not since they added the new stuff. I want to go but will probably wait until it's cooler.

I have a wand too. We went a couple of years ago when we took DS to Candance nationals in Orlando. Loved Diagon Alley, I was in heaven.
DDdances

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #229 
Quote:

I have a wand! (I also have a sonic screwdriver. 10th Doctor of course.) I've been several times but not since they added the new stuff. I want to go but will probably wait until it's cooler.

Dd wants a wand! I wasn't sure if it would be considered a weapon with TSA
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #230 
I have a sonic screwdriver, but no wands.

However, both of my DD's have wands from Wicked - both Elphaba's and Galinda's wands. Does that count?
DDdances

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #231 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty1

However, both of my DD's have wands from Wicked - both Elphaba's and Galinda's wands. Does that count?

Yay another tangent!
Love Wicked! Have seen it 3 times and will see it again next time the tour rolls through my area.
Where did you get their wands???
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #232 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDdances
Yay another tangent! Love Wicked! Have seen it 3 times and will see it again next time the tour rolls through my area. Where did you get their wands???

E-Bay. Search "Wicked the Musical" and you will find them under memorabilia. (I just checked and there are at least one of each listed).
Charade

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #233 
I really want to see Wicked. My daughter and I are going to New York City in June. We're going to see a Broadway show. I just don't know which one yet. We are going with our Girl Scout council. They had the girls vote on which show they wanted to see, but haven't given us the results yet.
Kechara7881

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #234 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charade
I really want to see Wicked. My daughter and I are going to New York City in June. We're going to see a Broadway show. I just don't know which one yet. We are going with our Girl Scout council. They had the girls vote on which show they wanted to see, but haven't given us the results yet.

Wicked is amazing.

I also have HP wands. And a robe lol
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #235 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty1

LOVED Wicked! I have to admit, though, when I heard they where making it a musical I was exceedingly skeptical. No could not understand how that book would work as a musical. But I love them both! They're very different from each other, while still being similar. But for anyone who hasn't read the book, I highly recommend it!
jeanne4379

Triple Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #236 
I crave Outlander. You younger ladies can have Jaime.  I'm looking for a real life Dougal look alike.  I am also really really happy that Game of Thrones is coming back, finally, to tvland.  

Tyrion for President?
heartmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #237 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls

I think I am the only person in the world who does not enjoy Disney World.  We are doing our Nationals there this year, everyone is so excited and I'm just like meh. 

What?!? I feel my little Disney heart breaking just reading this! 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #238 
Quote:
LOVED Wicked! I have to admit, though, when I heard they where making it a musical I was exceedingly skeptical. No could not understand how that book would work as a musical. But I love them both! 

Same! I didn't even want to see the musical! I could have seen it in previews and passed. It was about another 5 years until I finally saw it and that was when we won the ticket lottery. 
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #239 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojosDanceMom
I'm not a fan of theme parks in general.  I hate crowds an lines, so....  That said, I would weather through to go to Hogwarts and Diagon Ally!!  I am a Potter head... I admit it.  I would love to stop at Ollivanders and get my wand!  [smile]  

Also mentioned in a previous post... Supernatural!  I'm a fan from day 1.  Love my Winchester boys!!!!  [smile]

Well, as I've said, I'm an introvert so Disney and other theme parks about KILL me just thinking about the crowds.  Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

That said, I've bit the bullet on several occasions and we've taken the kids to both Disney World and Disney Land, Universal Studios, et al.  It helps to have a BIL who was a Disney employee -- he knows all the tricks to avoid the lines.  

We did Ollivanders and all 3 kids got their wands.  My ds16 was/is a HUGE Harry Potter fan so off we went.  BIL wasn't with us that time and oh, the lines, the lines!!!!!  We waited FOREVER in 105 degree sunny, humid heat.  We still have those wands too.  I told my kiddoes that they will keep them for the rest of their natural lives and will them to someone. The upside is that there was a lovely family from Australia in line with us and our collective kids were best friends by the time we left.  LOL! 
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #240 
My DD is a huge Potter fan too. She got a Time Turner from my brother for Christmas. lol She HAS to get a wand. I was so excited when I heard they have a Quiddach club at Marymount Manhattan. But I'm sure she'll be too busy for that anyway. lol
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #241 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne4379
I crave Outlander. You younger ladies can have Jaime.  I'm looking for a real life Dougal look alike.  I am also really really happy that Game of Thrones is coming back, finally, to tvland.  

Tyrion for President?

Big Outlander love here, too! Love me some Jamie, and the TV show does an amazing job bringing the characters to life! I used to have to drive alot for work, and I bought all of the Outlander books on Audible. The woman who narrates for Audible deserves some kind of special award or something. Her ability to change from male to female voices, and to master different English and Scottish accents is amazing! Her name is Davina Porter, if you are interested in finding a clip of her somewhere. [smile] So glad Droughtlander is over and we can look forward to new episodes!

**** Also, big shout out to HP. I want to go back to Universal Studios in Florida so badly!
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #242 
Quote:

There are several that I can vouch for: Mom2girls, My2DanceLoves, dancermom128, dncemom01, bopmom, JoJosdancemom, beachgirl, dancypants, tappingfeet, dancetumblecheermom, momof3, lexiluwho, heidi459, tendumom, ballerinamom13, mommytomany, trinitymomof2, Kechara7881, Psmom, LexiandAbbysmom

I know I'm missing some! I'll update when I remember. I know there is one that competes in my area and we were at the same comp but we didn't realize it until afterwards. I know their studio name and she knows mine. (BTW -if you are reading this, at your last comp? My old studio was there!) ETA I looked up our PMs - Halesgo . I've also PMd with Dave9988 about photography and he's showed me his and I've showed him mine. (sounds naughty!)

And Jeanne! How could I forget her?![/QUOTE

Awwww thanks for vouching for me [smile]
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #243 
I just noticed... no thumbs down in the  Competitive again after 2 year break thread

jeanne4379

Triple Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #244 
Thank you 1tiny dancer.  
EJIDance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #245 
I love the Outlander books, but stopped watching the show because I was afraid of how they'd handle the prison scenes. Need to try again. I am reading Virgins now, the Jamie/Ian novella from the time they were mercenaries in France.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #246 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJIDance
I love the Outlander books, but stopped watching the show because I was afraid of how they'd handle the prison scenes. Need to try again. I am reading Virgins now, the Jamie/Ian novella from the time they were mercenaries in France.

The prison scene was one episode, and there have been some flashbacks since. It's horribly accurate. If you're a bit skittish about violence, I'd avoid it. I think you already have the gist. 
EJIDance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #247 
Rdsmom, thank you! I think that's what I will do.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.