Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 10     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
kradonov

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #101 
Ok, so I noticed I was apparently logged in during a previous "thumb downing session"  It wasn't me!  I was in a meeting.  I have the window automatically open on some of my computers.

Are guests allowed to be totally anonymous?  Can they thumb down?  Should we do away with Guests being able to log in?
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #102 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kradonov
Ok, so I noticed I was apparently logged in during a previous "thumb downing session"  It wasn't me!  I was in a meeting.  I have the window automatically open on some of my computers.

Are guests allowed to be totally anonymous?  Can they thumb down?  Should we do away with Guests being able to log in?

Guests cannot thumbs up or down ....they have to be logged in.   And there are quite a few of us who are showing every time.  No worries. 
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #103 
The troll has to be rotating between several user names. I just can't imagine going to so much effort for this. What would somebody get out of being here if they're not really trying to navigate the dance world
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
The troll has to be rotating between several user names. I just can't imagine going to so much effort for this. What would somebody get out of being here if they're not really trying to navigate the dance world

I'm positive they are rotating between names.  And I am f-ing hooked on this mystery.  I love a good puzzle. 

And it is pretty sad and pathetic to me that someone feels compelled to do this.  This is not someone who is right in the head. 
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #105 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tinydancer
I also think that they are not only using multiple user names, I think they are posting too.

Absolutely agree!   This person is definitely doing a fair amount of posting along with us. 
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #106 
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves

Absolutely agree!   This person is definitely doing a fair amount of posting along with us. 

How freakin' passive aggressive. 
StepLeap

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #107 
The admins won't help us out at all? Is this being monitored?
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #108 
How am I not on any of those lists? I've been on here all morning! Off and on, but still. I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of those lists.
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745
How am I not on any of those lists? I've been on here all morning! Off and on, but still. I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of those lists.

I see you on at least 2-3 times. 
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #110 
I just got on but have only had time to read this thread.  I started on page 2 wow! [smile]  I'm at work so I'll be sneaking in and out.  [comp]

I'm legit.  I met Crafty1 and her 2 beautiful daughters in person at a comp.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #111 
The psychosis of this person is evident
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #112 
Okay, so this reminds me of the rock throwing cases in Austin. (someone or someones have been randomly throwing rocks at cars off of overpasses for the past couple of years) Basically, we have a situation where someone is causing a lot of "to-do" over something that is simply, seemingly anonymous and can happen in the blink of an eye. 

My question is this- do we have copy cats? Maybe there are other "lurkers" that think it's funny seeing us all getting worked up and they, too, are thumbing down. 
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:

You kind of have to be active...you're on my most current list that I just took a screenshot of. This time it's within ONE minute of a post posting that it was thumbs downed.

[image]

I could be nit-picking .....but one on that list joined 13 hours ago. 
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #114 
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmommytx
Okay, so this reminds me of the rock throwing cases in Austin. (someone or someones have been randomly throwing rocks at cars off of overpasses for the past couple of years) Basically, we have a situation where someone is causing a lot of "to-do" over something that is simply, seemingly anonymous and can happen in the blink of an eye. 

My question is this- do we have copy cats? Maybe there are other "lurkers" that think it's funny seeing us all getting worked up and they, too, are thumbing down. 

That is absolutely possible.  Could even be long standing members.   There are some members whose comments make it believable they dislike some on here enough to do just that.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #115 

PasDeChatMom is real.  She and I pm!!
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #116 
Seriously, how much time does this person have on their hands? And why?? It is so bizarre. Amusing, but bizarre. 
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #117 
Even though the excessive thumbs downing has just started, it has been longer than that where totally innocent, couldn't possibly offend anyone posts have been getting thumbs down. I'm sure it's the same person.
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #118 
They're back.
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:
I have it down to 4 user names.

ETA there could be more....but I see 4 consistently on there when it's happening.

Has anyone contacted the admins yet? Maybe if we flood their inbox they will do something?

ETA again - By Email

info@dancemom.com

We've established you can't do a thumbs up AND down for a post. Have you checked those 4 users to see if they have thumbs up'ed any of the other posts? I have one I'm watching that hasn't given a single thumbs up that I can see and seems to be off and on. I'm going to keep watching.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #120 
I've got one I'm watching too!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #121 
Look at Judie's 31 thumbs up in the Very Excited to Report thread.  That takes out a bunch of us. 
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #122 
I'm at work...wish I had time to keep watching but I don't.  You guys go!!!  Still think Admin should just make it public!!
dance1912

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #123 
I am legit - I swear. I think I even outed my studio before I knew such things were verboten [nono]. Anyhoo, just want to say that you guys are like Nancy Drew, Teen Sleuth and I mean that as high praise. I love it. Go get senora crazy pants! 
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
Look at Judie's 31 thumbs up in the Very Excited to Report thread.  That takes out a bunch of us. 

Well, in fairness, I never read that thread, so I didn't give it a thumbs up (or down!). I don't have time to read everything. But, you make a good point about using the "did they thumbs up" theory to catch them. I guess it's not reliable.
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmommytx

Well, in fairness, I never read that thread, so I didn't give it a thumbs up (or down!). I don't have time to read everything. But, you make a good point about using the "did they thumbs up" theory to catch them. I guess it's not reliable.

Ditto, I did just go and look at it since it was mentioned but did not read it.  While there I tried to see if one could both thumbs up and thumbs down the same post, one can not, if you thumbs up then thumbs down it takes away the thumbs up and vice versa. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.