Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
We had our holiday showcase last night.  That's where the ballet classes excluding the really little ones do a short performance for their parents; there were 3 shows last night to accommodate everyone.  We have a company showcase right before our first competition; that'll be in February and is when all the team dancers put on a show for parents and family.  Last year I think there were 2 shows for the company showcase; we added another team so not sure if we'll need another show to fit everyone.  In June we have recital - 2 shows in 1 day.  My daughter's on the mini comp team; they have 2 competitions and nationals if they qualify.  The older teams have some optional competitions.  We did a show last week at a nursing home and there was talk of the kids coming back to do another at some point.
oldsailor

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
We have a Christmas show and spring recital.  We also perform regularly at between 4 and 7 local events a year.
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
3,  A Benefit Concert  that not every group performs in , in January.   Recital in May
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
My DD11 attends a ballet school which only does 2 performances a year; the summer show in August and the Christmas show in December.  My DD14 attends a competition studio and they do a recital and June and then the company kids do a showcase in February or March with all of their competition dances.
vw624

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Our studio now does 9 recitals. When dd was in mommy and me class they did maybe 3 recitals and the show itself was over 3 hours long. We had to be there 30 min before the show started and it was quite miserable keeping a two year old entertained that long. A couple of years ago they split the shows up, took out the intermission, and now have the younger kids do part of their ballet dance while the older girls are on stage. Each show is under 90 min, with us being there for maybe 2 hours.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Nine recitals?!  Wow.  All in one day?
vw624

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
Nine recitals?!  Wow.  All in one day?

This year it's one each weeknight Tues-Fri, 4 on Sat, and one on Sunday. Last year we were in two shows because they didn't have our class dances in the 9th show. There are so many enrolled at our studio 9 shows gets each class on stage for one tap number and one ballet number.
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Usually just recital.  1 day, 2 shows.  However, the SO has been trying to get performance opportunities for them lately.  Last year a couple of the competing numbers performed at a hockey game half time but that didn't come together this year.  She's working on getting a few numbers in at our Senior Center's talent show.  I'd love for dd to be able to have performance opportunities outside of competing and recital.  She would be thrilled!
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
One, 1, UNO, un, oh and did I mention ONE -- yes, one glorious recital in June. One day, one time, one show. Yippee!!!!!

Why am I so giddy? Well, after 10 years of doing 4-6 shows and/or recitals every year, and since I'm a sewer, I would usually be at every single show, I'm just tickled pink to have such an easy schedule this year. [smile]
Charade

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
We have an end of the year recital which is 3 shows. Every other year we have a Christmas show. The competition team has a showcase each year before comp season starts.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Our studio does one recital in the Spring but two shows. Everyone is in both shows except for the solos and duos which are split between the two shows - there are so many that the recital would drag on otherwise. The downside is that if your DD is in one of them she only gets to do it once after all the $ and hard work.

The studio has a few competition teams which do 3 Regionals and a week at Nationals each year. They also perform in a Holiday parade but otherwise we are very low key. Just right for us. [smile]
YetAnotherDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Our studio has one recital with two shows on consecutive days. All dancers perform both days. To keep solos from dragging, we have a "Solo Showcase" where each soloist performs a small part of their dance and the songs just merge into the next song. It's a little longer than a regular number, but a heck of a lot shorter than full performances of all the solos. 
For the little ones, they usually perform early in the recital, which I think covers a variety of possible issues - if they really can't handle the wait for the finale (which is full studio) then at least they have their own dance taken care of before that. Rarely does a family take them home before the end of the night, but it has happened. The little ones share a dressing area with most of the other dancers so they like to see the "big girls" get ready, and a lot of the "big girls" spend time with the little ones to keep them entertained. It's a nice chance to build a bit of community between the dancers and the parents in the room get a chance to know each other a bit too. Kind of a "we're all in this together" mentality. [smile]
trumpets123

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #38 
hope we got here[smile]

joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpets123
hope we got here[smile]

What?!?!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Couple of weird posts from trumpets in the last few days.  [smile]
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tinydancer

They wrote they are from the Philippines. Language barrier maybe?

Maybe.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.