Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Zmomj

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 
We do 1 show Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Our production is opening all shows, but the other dances are in some shows but not others. DD11 has 5 dances in 1, 7 in another and only 3 in the last show. She'll be tired !
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie1ster
It's funny, I loaded her Pack 2 Rack up last week just to see how full it would get. It wasn't full during competitions, even with her mirror, shoes, my purse, etc. But with 5 more costumes plus extras? I'm glad we got it. Anything smaller wouldn't have held it all.

That's the one reason I keep my large Dream Duffle. I almost never need all that space for comps anymore, ever since DS stopped competing. But recital still strains it at the seams. Too many dances between the three of them, all in one day. It's nuts.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Got our schedule: 10 dances total.  14 times on stage.  Plus she assists 2 classes, so she will be in teacher mode for those 2!

2 in the first show
4 in the second show
8 in the third show

Hmmm, seems to have increased exponentially!
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
One day, two shows, the day before Fathers' Day. All comp groups dance in both shows, soloists only dance in one show. Ballet technique class for comp groups also perform in both shows, and DD14 takes a recreational hip hop class as well, which will be in 1 show.

So first show, ballet, two comp group numbers and one solo. Second show, ballet, two comp groups, hip hop and the other solo. Ten dances total.

And, instead of a special coffee flask, I bring a one-gallon thermos of an adult beverage to share with the dance moms/teachers. We open it up at the end of the second show. Last year, I brought the beverage and another mom brought the cups. Vodka and lemonade. I made sure to hide it in the dream duffel so the dancers didn't think it was just lemonade and help themselves.
[biggrin]

Edited: That must be creative accounting - 4 dances in the first show and 5 in the second = 9 dances, not 10.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Our recital is one day, 2 shows.  Jess will dance 5 dances in the first show and7 in the second.  
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
No idea yet, our end of year recital is not until December, but our SO does not put all the comp dances in. That would just make the recitals too long and they are already very long. Instead she picks one dance (usually a newer one) for each competition age group to perform. We only have group dances in our recitals, never solos.
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Wow. We only do one year end show/recital. So my dd12 dances 10 time including the finale
prettyprissy15

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #33 
We have 4 shows! 2 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday! I have 2 daughters, and they will dance a total of 10 times.

JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls
Our studio does 2 shows, DD is in 11 dances for recital so she'll dance 22 times. Competition team members are not subject to dress rehearsals those are only for the rec kids.

I wish this were the policy at our studio!  We actually have dress rehearsal tonight.  And since DD is in opening number and team production closes the show, she will be there from 3:30 pm to 9:30 pm tonight, with 5 dances in between.  But, we only have one show, which is tomorrow evening, so that's good!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
No clue.

I think there are 4 performances and 2 casts for each piece. They do not have casting yet. Dd seems to think I may need to see three shows to see everything. Hoping I can do it in 2 shows. She also thinks dh should just come to the one where she does the most. Two shows of Sleeping Beauty was too much for him earlier this month. LOL! 
owensamo

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #36 
My 14yo DD has 14 dances across 4 shows, plus she TAs 3 dances so will be helping out with those (and may help out with other classes with no TA as well). DD loves helping out back stage, so for the 2 shows she only has 2 dances in, she'll be in full-on helper mode. I'm just hopeful that this is the year that I can finally relax and not have to run back between every number for hair/costume changes!
changole

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4
Just a few years ago she had ONE recital dance and opening and closing number.  

Yes... the number of dances does seem to grow bit by bit, every year! When DD first started, she just had 2 and a sort of whole studio group finale sort of thing, and she performed those twice (studio had two shows).

Now, DD has 11 dances total across 3 days and DS has 20.

nodrama15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #38 
2 recitals, 2 kids.  Total of 18 dances.
Sidhe14

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Two recitals with 2 show times each this year for a total of 4 shows. One has DD and DS one dance each. The other is just DD and she has 3 dances. We'll have a Wednesday night, Friday matinee, and that Saturday will be a matinee and evening show.
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Older DD (10 almost 11): 13 dances and finale
Younger DD (7): 9 dances and finale

All competition dances are in it this year and then some other dances (ballet, tap, acro, etc) that don't compete... as well as an all company dance.
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
This year, 1 show, 2 dances. Yep -- two. But thats unusually light for dd. Next year, she'll be doing her normal 4-5.

We've done as many 2 shows, 7 dances each, so 14.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Dress rehearsal today. DD17 is in 9 comp and 4 rec dances. Recital will have a "pre show" that is all of the comp team solos. DD has one solo. There are no seniors this year. Main show will have all comp and rec dances. It's a long show but then it's done.

I admit that I am looking forward to watching dancers dance just for the love of it and not for judges.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #43 
4 shows.
Friday night is one show of all the older classes. (Age 13+ avg) she danced 8 times(all her possible dances), three of those were comp groups. She also had a duet and 2 solos but they don't go to recital.
Saturday morn is little kids mixed with comp groups, plus one of her other groups that they took to comps and did well. So she danced 4 times.
Saturday afternoon was middle kids and her same 4 dances.
Saturday night is all the comp classes and comp groups. Plus some other dances that did well at comps from the younger kids. More of a gala show. The graduates also perform a solo. So all 8 dances as well.

They split classes into rec or comp. The comp classes will travel as well (All her classes travel except pointe) All dances at the studio perform in one in town comp. a year.
xtina01

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #44 
In the past our studio will hold one recital, 4 hours long. This year, they split it to 2 shows in one day each about 3hrs long. Company dancers will be performing in both so by DD will dance 10 routines altogether this year.
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Our studio only has one year end show.

Last year my daughter was in 11 dances plus the finale.

It is so fast paced, Our year end show only lasts about 2 hours including a 15 min intermission

my daughter was in the last group before curtain and first after curtain for intermission, as well as first group to open the show and the closing number then back for a feature in the finale.

I don't know how she does it! But it is so exciting and she loves it!! 

I get so tired and winded backstage just getting things ready for the quick changes!!! Its insane
LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #46 
8 or 9....Must have lots of water and snacks! 
burghmom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #47 
DD16 will be in 1 show, 12 dances.  
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Older DD will probably have 12-13 recital dances (all comp groups with at least one of her d/t and then 2 recital specific numbers (ballet and hip hop). Certain solos get picked for the recital based on performance through year etc. it's likely that will be in as well.

Younger DD will be in 7-8 recital dances : comp specific plus 3 additional ones (ballet, HH and acro). Solo depending on how they do at competitions.

Last year it was 23 recital numbers excluding finale
Between both. Lol
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: