Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Our studio runs three different showcases all on Recital day Saturday, June 18 this year.  Between the three different recitals my DD13 will dance 16 times.  Then we leave that night on a redeye flight to Florida for a family reunion.  I will have to carry her through the airport!  We're both excited about the recitals though!  Just a few years ago she had ONE recital dance and opening and closing number.  
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I will be responsible for 12 dances.

3 of my kids are in 4 of them. They are all in the matinee.

My dd11 is in 6 dances, all in the evening. But two of her teams will also be in the matinee.
dancer1234

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My daughter would dance up to 28 times during recital weekend in the past.   Would have 3 shows each day (Sat and Sun) which had her  Company and Technique class dances spread out across the 3 shows, which would repeat each day and then would be in the Opening and closing numbers of each show.   It was exhausting.    She would cry after it was all done, because she would miss seeing everyone.    

This year 0. She has opted out of Recital  and we will be traveling
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I am so thankful we only do recital 1 day now.  The theater SO holds it at went up drastically in price so 1 day, 2 shows.  Dd will dance in the morning and evening shows, 5 numbers plus opening (company only) and finale (everyone but company gets it all going) in each show.
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We are doing our Recital Weekend different this year. Dress rehearsal Friday night for the 2 PM Saturday Recital, 9 AM Dress Rehearsal Saturday morning for 2 PM Sunday Recital; 2 PM Saturday Recital - 6 PM Saturday Company Show - 2 PM Sunday Recital. DD12 will be dancing 16 times June 4-5. Gonna be a crazy weekend
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
No recital for us this year.  DD14 was invited last year to be in her friend's quinceanera and unfortunately it's the same day.
jazzminesun81

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
6 dances in recital this year but will dance 7 times since one of them (aerial) is in 2 shows. She has 1 dance in the Friday night, 1 dance in the Saturday matinee and 5 in the Saturday evening show. This is why we actually bought a dream duffel for her this year :-( There was no way we'd fit all 6 Saturday costumes in her old duffel with makeup, hair stuff, shoes and snacks. We just made it her 5 year present. She would have had to go to all 3 shows anyhow, though, as company members are all required to perform the finale in all shows.
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Our studio does 2 shows, DD is in 11 dances for recital so she'll dance 22 times. Competition team members are not subject to dress rehearsals those are only for the rec kids.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls
Our studio does 2 shows, DD is in 11 dances for recital so she'll dance 22 times. Competition team members are not subject to dress rehearsals those are only for the rec kids.

We have the same policy. 
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We do 3 shows and production will close all 3 shows.

She has 7 other comp dances that will perform along with 2 additional class dances.  

All of her comp dances will be in the evening show.  Not sure about the other 2 class dances.  Also, not sure about any of her other comp dances being in other shows.  We don't have recital schedule yet.
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Mine will dance 16 times over two shows.  I think I will bring my special coffee LOL
MMTwins2002

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
2 recitals - 12 dances
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We always have 2 shows.  Usually comp routines and at least ballet are in both shows ....which could have put DD16 in up to 17 numbers in 1 show.  But new this year , with the exception of the pointe piece and opening and closing , no other routines will appear in more than 1 show. 

So she will perform in 9 numbers in the first show and 10 numbers in the 2nd show. 
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
We have 3 shows (I think) and dd12 is in 5 numbers. 2 pointe ones, the ballet one for her level, a jazz one, and a modern one.

Now that it's only a few weeks away, I am starting to selfishly feel the loss of younger dd not dancing. It makes recital and tech week easier on me, but I will so miss seeing her on stage--she really was just so freaking cute up there, if I do say so myself.[wink] 
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
My older daughter, 9, will have 8 dances between two shows and my younger daughter, 5, will have 3 dances in 1 show. This doesn't include the finale which they will both dance in. 
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I have no idea! We are doing some really crazy mixed dances that are kind of flowing into each other called "balletmation" where we are mixing ballet and hip hop animation. It is sort of storytelling. I am not really sure of the story line, but that is not a surprise, Our SO is really into out of the box thinking and changing things up to the last minute.
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
1 show , 5 dances plus opening and closing
elastigal

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
We are also 1 show - DD7 has five dances plus the closing number, whatever that will be.
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
1 show, 11 dances plus finale.  I'll get to be in the audience since DD14 insists she'll be fine back there.
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Honestly, I'm not sure. The SO puts some competition group dances in, but not others, and often doesn't let us know which until closer to the show. We're still 6 weeks out, so it may be a while. And we don't use class time for comp pieces, so add one dance for each class.   Between the three kids though, I think I'm safe in saying it will be a largeish number.
FlaPoloDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #21 
My DD will be in 1 show with 7 dances and the finale.  We have been working to organize her this year since I will not be backstage this year.[crazy]
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I think SO has lost her mind this year! [smile] Recital is a 1 day event. Last day of school is Friday. Recital is Saturday. Dress rehearsal at 8am. First show at 2pm. Second show at 7pm. I don't know how many dances they will have in the first show yet.  Second show DD 10 will have 7 dances, and DD 13 will have 8. Suffice it to say I always volunteer back stage or in the dressing room every year!
froggie1ster

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Full dress rehearsal on Saturday, June 17. Recital on Sunday, June 18. 3 shows both days. 5 competition dances, 4 technique classes she chose to do, plus the big ballet production that will be in all three shows at 14 minutes long per go. The other 9 are scattered across the other three shows. We're there at the venue from 11:30 am Saturday (12:30 pm Sunday) until 9-9:30 each night. It's a huge recital...rec. classes, tech classes, Dance Team, Company Teams.

Soooo.....we're looking at 27 dances spread across 10 hours a day over 2 days. Between costume changes, hairstyle changes, and Kiddo dancing my hubby will more than likely be bringing a wagon to haul us out of there both nights. WHEW.....

It's funny, I loaded her Pack 2 Rack up last week just to see how full it would get. It wasn't full during competitions, even with her mirror, shoes, my purse, etc. But with 5 more costumes plus extras? I'm glad we got it. Anything smaller wouldn't have held it all.

froggie1ster

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncemom01
Mine will dance 16 times over two shows.  I think I will bring my special coffee LOL

Our dance moms all have our "happy flasks" just for the occasion, LOL! We get out so late and it's such a long day, you know......
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
1 girl dancing 17 times over 3 shows. Not counting dress rehearsals. I'm def not into it. There is only one dance that will be exciting for me to see on stage.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.