Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
karab2000

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Sorry, looks like there were 2 sets of audition dates, which might be causing the confusion. Here's Dance Quests official page that lists a September Audition, their Facebook page does show an earlier July audition as well. http://dancequestdance.com/events-parties/nutcracker/

My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Not for nothing .... but repeated inaccuracies are very good reasons to ask for more information.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
It boggles my mind that this is such a big deal to you.  Why would I lie about a Nutcracker audition that she never even went to?!  It's just weird.  

Im wondering how you aren't concerned about all this.

The process for Moscow ballet is the same at every city. Several people on here have done it. And you are going to a studio this afternoon, supposedly with a part for DD, who never auditioned. You know zero details other than a friend recommended her. It all seems a bit hinky. And you seem totally at ease with it all.
gingercrew

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
I know I think at our audition every kid that tried out got a part I believe. In fact they were short some mouse parts. My neighbor girl got switched from a snow fairy or whatever to a mouse yesterday and she was not too thrilled about it lol. Bless her heart. She is in 6th grade so like a teen now and they moved her down to the mice which is mostly 3rd-5th graders. I don't think she wanted to be with the little kids.  

But our town has several yearly Nutcracker productions so that is probably why there were plenty of parts to go around to everyone since many kids are already in other productions. 
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
She didn't audition but I'm sure DD's friend's mom told her what she can do and of her skill level.  She told him about the FB video at 1.1 million views although I don't know if he ever watched it.  He didn't say so I'm assuming he didn't see it.  The director had seen her friend, who is a great dancer, and asked if they were at similar levels.    No reason at all for me  to not be at ease with it.  DD wanted to do Nutcracker, she was asked to do one, I'm meeting the director today.  I'm sure if the meeting doesn't go well we can pull out but I'm not anticipating that happening.  My DD is a good dancer.  Is she the best in the world?  Obviously not and not even close.  But she is a good dancer and she's done a couple of good things already in her short little life.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:

Facebook link showing that Mr. Altin is the new artistic director for Plainfield Dance Academy.

http://nb-no.el-gr.fb.me/plainfielddanceacademy/photos/a.428903070562585.1073741829.423290524457173/988255881293965/?type=3

What I DID notice that I didn't pay attention to before is that the July audition in Plainfield was at a different studio, GymQuest.  The September audition was at Plainfield Dance Academy.  So PDA only held one audition.  All I remember was that when we were searching for a Nutcracker we were going to go to Algonquin and then I noticed that there had been one in Plainfield shortly before.

It boggles my mind that this is such a big deal to you.  Why would I lie about a Nutcracker audition that she never even went to?!  It's just weird.  

Yes joriebelle but you've been going back and forth and back and forth for months now.  She wants to do it, she doesn't want to do it.  She wants to focus on YAGP prep.  Now she wants to do it.  She doesn't want to do it.  Back and forth, back and forth we go.   

You just told us that you missed the Moscow audition "several weeks" ago and when I pointed out that the audition was last week you said you meant the audition in August and linked the audition dates from 2015.  And then when that mistake was called to your attention you suddenly start talking about the audition in July.  It. doesn't. add. up.

You've gone on and on about how your dd has been cast in solos/duets/trios sight unseen for both a local studio Nut and Moscow.  It. Doesn't. Add. Up.

Just this suggestion that she might do a "solo" in Moscow's production.  And that this director is going to offer a special rehearsal time just for her (Monday afternoons).  It. Doesn't. Add. Up.

Too too many things that you put out here on DM just do. not. add. up.

So why is it such a big deal to people?  It's not a "big deal".  But... you guessed it... it. doesn't. add. up.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459

Yes joriebelle but you just told us that you missed the Moscow "several weeks" ago and when I pointed out that the audition was last week you said you meant the audition in August and linked the audition dates from 201.  And then when that mistake was called to your attention you suddenly start talking about the audition in July.  It. doesn't. add. up.

You've gone on and on about how you're dd has been cast unseen for both a local studio and Moscow.  It. Doesn't. Add. Up.

You've suggested she might do a "solo" in Moscow's production.  And that this director is going to offer a special rehearsal time just for you dd (Monday afternoons).  It. Doesn't. Add. Up.

Too too many things that you put out here on DM just do. not. add. up.

So why is it such a big deal to people?  It's not a "big deal".  But... you guessed it... it. doesn't. add. up.

No, I didn't MISS the Moscow one last week.  She didn't go to that one.  On purpose.  We "missed" the one in July because at the time she was considering auditioning for Moscow the Plainfield one had been a week or so before so she was going to do the Algonquin one.

Yes, he is giving her a special rehearsal time on Mondays because my DD is homeschooled.  I asked him if we could do 2 pm so she can still get some school done.  He called a bit ago and asked if we could come at 1pm because he has to pick up his son early from a field trip.  DD12's friend is homeschooled too so if they do the trio or duet they'll probably do it together at that time.  Nothing too unusual about that.  Will all the rehearsals be on Monday?  Of course not.  There will be some weekend ones as it gets closer to December 4th.

I already explained that he offered DD12 a solo in his own production but a duet or trio in the Moscow Ballet.  Did I originally say a solo in Moscow Ballet?  Yes.  Because that is what he told me!  After I told him DD12 was not going to do his production but would do Moscow Ballet he said he does NOT have a solo part available for Moscow Ballet but she could probably do a duet or trio with DD12's friend.  I will find that out for sure in 3 hours.

Ugh.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #33 
joriebelle... in post #11 you said this:

"I had heard that Moscow's dancers do the main jobs and other dancers got the extra parts which is why DD12 had changed her mind last minute and didn't do that audition several weeks ago.  I didn't know "good" parts were even available.  Maybe he's pulling my leg.  I'm dying to know now.  I'll fill ya'll in tomorrow"

"Missed".  "Decided not to go".  That detail doesn't matter.  It was the "several weeks ago".  And when I was confused ...since I saw that they auditioned in your area a week ago... you offered me a link to an audition notice from 2015 to show how it was, in fact, several weeks ago.  Here is part of your reply in post #14:

"They actually had another audtion in Plainfield in August, and I just missed it so we were going to go to one farther away, which was one of the reasons I was hoping she'd decide against doing it.  Maybe that is why the director had a second audition here in Plainfield, because he didn't get enough people for it the first time.  I have no idea.  I already sent this link to you before but you can see that there was an audition in Plainfield on August 21 which WAS several weeks ago."

But there was no audition on August 21st.  Not this year.  It was the middle of July.  And according to what you said back in July, you didn't go because she decided she didn't want to do Moscow after all, not because you missed it.

So, no, I'm not crazy here.  I'm just trying to follow this bouncing ball that's going haywire.  Most people will shake their heads and just walk away muttering to themselves... but not me.  Like I said... it's like I have some kind of disease  lol

And fwiw.. when I said something about it being "concerning"?  I didn't mean concerning in the sense that "this is really serious here because you must be lying to us and we're going to get to the bottom of this".  I meant concerning in that you really can't seem to keep anything straight.  The "[smile]" was meant to keep it light but, seriously, if you are soooooo discombobulated such that you can't keep the facts of your life straight?  That is a little concerning.

(and btw... I have 4 kids ages 11-16 so while I hear ya on the crazy, it really doesn't make all the inconsistencies so easy to understand ) 

gingercrew

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #34 
If her DD gets cast she can prove it by posting a copy of her paperwork or something. I got paperwork the day he got cast with rehearsal times and legal things and fees etc. You have to sign and turn in a contract. 
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercrew
If her DD gets cast she can prove it by posting a copy of her paperwork or something. I got paperwork the day he got cast with rehearsal times and legal things and fees etc. You have to sign and turn in a contract. 

We're not necessarily doubting the end result.  Just perhaps all the little details surrounding/leading up to it. We all know joriebelle is real and that her dd is a very talented little dancer.  There's no doubt about that.
dancindaughter

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #36 
To go back to the original question DD15 is doing Nutcracker this year.  She is a Maid and in Arabian.  She is just happy to not be in Snow/Flowers again.  Rehearsals started 2 weeks ago.  New ballet teachers at the studio this year (although she is only taking ballet this year), so all new choreography for Nutcracker.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercrew

Not sure why she would need to prove it to anyone.
alingading

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #38 
We just found out on Saturday night that my DD10 will be playing the part of Clara in her studio's Nutcracker production! She is super excited but anticipating snarkiness from some of the dancers at her studio. I'm sure I will receive some snarkiness on my end from some parents as well. Oh well!
Zeldapinwheel

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Joriebelle-
Your daughter is an amazing dancer and best of luck for her audition today. I have only 2 kids and I can't imagine juggling 5!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Thank you so much everyone!

Yes Heidi you are darn right on the details.  It was July, not August.  I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast let alone the specific dates for auditions or not auditions.  I already told you everything and you don't want to take what I said on face value there's not much I can do about this.

What I can tell you is that we met with the director today.  Apparently the couple that were directors before got a divorce; he is the director for the year but I don't know if forever.  I don't know; we didn't talk about his personal life and I have no way to investigate it.  He watched her dance, and said she will be doing a duet in the Russian dance.  I guess it technically isn't a duet because it's not her and her friend alone on the stage, but they would each be on either side, and he said in the front, while the Moscow people are doing their thing in the middle.  The second role they'll have is a trio during a butterfly part.  He is concerned the costume won't fit her because she is so short but he said he'd make it work.  The costumes come from Moscow Ballet before the show so it's not like they can be altered ahead of time.  He said this piece is more like the girls "become Moscow Ballet" for that piece because they'll be in the center with dancers behind them.  I have seen Nutcracker but not enough to know what he's talking about.  So there you have it.  He'll be in touch with me about exact times for rehearsals because we'll be coordinating with her friend and her sister but most likely Mondays during the morning or afternoon.  I am attaching a photo of the day to document for you, but I won't have proof of her part until December.  Sometimes I wonder if this is just an attempt to make my anonymity not so anonymous anymore which obviously I've done.  No secrets here anymore - it's all laid out for ya.  Why oh why I give in to this I have no idea except that I pride myself on being an honest person and it upsets me to be accused of not being that. . . 

PDA.jpg

heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #41 
You really don't "listen" very well do you, joriebelle?  Seems to be a pattern this week (not just you, I mean).  No worries.

Good luck to your dd.
gingercrew

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Jorie-your DD is gorgeous. Congrats on her parts!
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
So, Joriebelle, was it basically like an audition today, then? Congrats to your dd. I'm sure she will have fun.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
I think so.  I think he had something in mind but wanted to make sure before he gave it to her.  I think it will be fun.  [smile]  Thanks Mom2Girls!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 

Congrats to your dd. I hope she has fun with it!

I believe 2 girls sort of dance in the front on the side during Russian in Moscow's version.  I also believe the butterflies are during the music that most productions use for angels. From what a friend whose dd was a butterfly probably 2 years ago said, these are generally the tallest of the children who dance in the show. 

Must have had a rough time casting the show if he is still looking for children to fill out the ranks. I guess there must be a lot of competition for Nuts in that area, which is the case here as well. Locally, most of the shows are done by students of the affiliated school. There are probably 2 that take outside students plus the Moscow gig. The Moscow Ballet, however, does not attract ballet students here. It is run by a more generic dance studio that has multiple locations. 

gingercrew

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #46 
I overheard our director today talking to two new students about being mice. She said they were short mice and the girls they made be mice who were snow maidens were not happy about the switch. So I guess the directors can recruit people after auditions IF they are short people? 
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom

Congrats to your dd. I hope she has fun with it!

I believe 2 girls sort of dance in the front on the side during Russian in Moscow's version.  I also believe the butterflies are during the music that most productions use for angels. From what a friend whose dd was a butterfly probably 2 years ago said, these are generally the tallest of the children who dance in the show. 

Must have had a rough time casting the show if he is still looking for children to fill out the ranks. I guess there must be a lot of competition for Nuts in that area, which is the case here as well. Locally, most of the shows are done by students of the affiliated school. There are probably 2 that take outside students plus the Moscow gig. The Moscow Ballet, however, does not attract ballet students here. It is run by a more generic dance studio that has multiple locations. 

Thanks for some more insight, tendumom.  We're gonna be in trouble if the butterflies are the tall girls LOL.  He said he'd make it work but I don't know how.  I couldn't get a feel today how big this studio is.  The studio is only 3 years old and I don't know anyone who goes there or went there.  I agree with you that he obviously is having a hard time filling parts.
Dancinandlovinit

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
 I am attaching a photo of the day to document for you, but I won't have proof of her part until December. 

Joriebelle, I was accused of being "fake" or the same person as somebody else, I don't even remember, by the same person. I suppose the board had a bunch of fake people posting at one point and since then, it's stocked with detectives. I don't know. All I know is that I post very minimal details, no photos, though I'm sure some local people who read this board might know who I am or who my dd is, Heidi most definitely does not, nor does it matter if she believes that I'm for real or not. I've been here much longer than her and I know that I don't have to prove my validity to anybody, nor do you. Nor I can I remember if things happened in July or August. During the summer I sometimes don't even know what day of the week it is. 

Congrats to your dd!!
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinandlovinit

Joriebelle, I was accused of being "fake" or the same person as somebody else, I don't even remember, by the same person. I suppose the board had a bunch of fake people posting at one point and since then, it's stocked with detectives. I don't know. All I know is that I post very minimal details, no photos, though I'm sure some local people who read this board might know who I am or who my dd is, Heidi most definitely does not, nor does it matter if she believes that I'm for real or not. I've been here much longer than her and I know that I don't have to prove my validity to anybody, nor do you. Nor I can I remember if things happened in July or August. During the summer I sometimes don't even know what day of the week it is. 

Congrats to your dd!!

No one is accusing joribelle of being fake on this thread.  In fact it's even been said outright that we know she is real and that her dd is a very talented dancer. And hey, guess what?  "I" said that.

And as far as my thinking you are fake?  What's most interesting to me is that your screen name doesn't even ring a bell. So if you think I have you on some kind of super secret list of people that I follow around and try to out... I don't.  I simply respond to what I read.  If at some point(s) I seemed to question something you wrote (you'll notice I said "something you wrote" and not "you"), it was solely the result of what was written.  And had absolutely nothing to do with "you".

eta:  and, sure, you've been here "longer" than I have but I've "actively participated" almost 10X as much as you have in half the time. Does that suggest that I have a better feel for the board and what goes on here than you do?  IDK.  Perhaps.
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #50 
This thread got a bit off track, but I do enjoy learning about the different flavors of Nuts and their productions.  "Ours" is run by the regional company, and the kids fill in various parts.  Holly sprite/Fairy/Pages etc for the very young, then on up through the party scene, Ginger's children, soldiers/mice, or a few even make it into the corps for things like Spanish, Snow, etc.  Most soloists and many of the corps are professionals.

"Our" nut rehearsals are kicking off this week, choreo being set, etc. 

DD10 thrilled with her role as a "party kid" this year, that's definitely a coveted role for the younger set.  DD13 content with her role(s), mostly the same as last year but I think she'll have a small part on pointe this time ... that's always a big deal to them!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: