Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
1 1/2 hours before dancers first number. Full hair and make-up isn't requried but we are always ready to go as I prefer getting ready at home as opposed to a tight dressing room. 
dave9988

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Generally 2 hours, full hair & makeup.
HTownDanceMom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Our SO requires us to be there 2 hours in advance with full hair an makeup.
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
2 hours before stage time, not completely ready.
1.5 hours before stage time if completely ready.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
2 hours prior at the venue.  1 hour prior fully dressed, makeup and stretched.  This weekend's competition was running an hour early on Saturday.

Also, I look at the 1st hour as the SO's way of making sure everyone shows up on time.  If you tell people 1 hour, they will plan to be there 1 hour prior but may not account for traffic, getting lost, etc.  All of these will cause stress for the dancers, teachers and SO's.

To me, competitions are a lot of hurry up and wait [biggrin].  It's just part of the experience.
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #31 
 Ready in full make-up, hair and fully costumed 90 minutes ahead.
Dancingemu

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Ours is usually an hour, but we get constant updates on if the comp is running ahead of time. Most get there 2hr before because most wait until they get there to change, do make up, and even hair. 
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
For most competitions, 1.5 hours dressed and ready. If we have a competition known for running ahead and the numbers are after noon, the time gets bumped to 2 hours.
lovemykids

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
2 hours before with hair and make up done (except lipstick) at the venue. Then 1 to 1.5 hours before (depending if they are running early) they change and start stretching and running. 45 min before lipstick goes on.
jjjgirls

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #35 
In the venue 1 1/2 hours ahead of scheduled performance time. Ready to perform 30 minutes ahead of scheduled performance time.
dance010

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #36 
We are a part of a VERY small comp team as well. We are required to be at the comp venue fully ready to dance 3 hours early as well. Fun times!![rofl]
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #37 
We're dancing at 10 next weekend; we were just told we need to be there at 7.  Ugh.  I was planning on 8.  Oh well; I never sleep the night before a comp anyway since I keep waking up thinking I overslept (as if anyone could sleep through my obnoxious alarm)

SlackerMom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Our kids need to be dressed and stage-ready one hour before they are scheduled to dance. This gives them time to stretch and run through routines without added time pressure. I can't imagine needing to be ready 3 hours ahead. That seems excessive. My daughter has 6 comp routines this year and had the same number last year. She is used to doing quick changes if the dances are 10-15 minutes apart. It always works out.
hsealover

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #39 
DD is dancing with a different company this year, so we haven't gotten those details yet but in the past she was required to be there and completely ready to go 2 hours ahead from our scheduled stage time. However, DD was usually there at the very beginning of the day when the doors opened because she loved watching her teammates and she was usually there everyday over the weekend because she was in so many dances. Her dances were usually spread out, so we spent most of the weekend there. If the doors were open at 7am, we were there lol!
PastrySugar

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #40 
It depends on SO. They have experience in folks not showing up on time, so I think they deal with it in this way.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: