Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Mom2Three

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We have a very very small comp team. The SO usually wants the girls there 2 1/2 hours before their first number. This weekend, they are to be there 3 hours before the first number. I just think that's excessive. How long before do your dancers have to be there?
Winterjoy

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Our girls need to be ready to start warm up/ run through an hour before they are scheduled to be on stage. We usually do hair and make-up at home, and get to the venue half an hour before warm-up call time.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We are 2 hours before, fully ready to go-hair and makeup done and in full costume. If we have a competition that is notorious for running early, SO will have us there up to 3 hours early. 
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We always had to be there and ready 2 hours before.  You have to take into account if they start running early and time for the DT to run the dance or just give a pep talk.
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I guess my question would be 3 hours before THE first number of all the competitors or THEIR first number? Makes a difference to me... I sympathize with you, it is frustrating, hoping the day will be great.
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Ready 2-3 hours before the dancer is supposed to be on stage.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We are told 2 hours, unless that would put us there before the venue even opens.

Last year we had a comp that ran really early and a few girls were running late. Let's just say there was a girl still getting dressed in the wings. So I can appreciate that SO might want your team there extra early for a comp.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We have to be there 2 hours early.  
mom24

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Old studio - fully ready to walk on stage 1 hour before time your first number was scheduled

New studio - fully ready to walk on stage 1 1/2 hours before time your first number was scheduled

The SO is very good about posting updates on our team Facebook page saying whether the comp is running early, late, etc.

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Was at a comp this past weekend with my niece. She had to be there, in costume and make up 1 hour before her first number. 
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Depends on the competition.  Some run excessively early and we would want to be there 3 hours prior to first number.  For the average comp, 2 hours prior.
elastigal

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
For us the rule is ready in full make-up, hair and fully costumed 90 minutes ahead, except if they are dancing right at the start of the comp and the venue only opens 1 hour before then you must be there as soon as it opens and be ready within minutes of that to warm up and run the dance. I hate those early call times and of course that's what we have later this month at our first full team comp. ☹️
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
If we are 2-3 hours away, we need to be there 3 hours early, just in case of traffic and the possibility of the competiton running early. Starbound National 2 years ago was running 1 1/2 hours early.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
The real reason is because one of the kids/moms in the group runs 45 minutes late so the teacher adds extra time as padding so that child will be ready.  I always tell parents I need the kids to be there half an hour before I really need them because I don't trust them to actually be on time (although at one school they were all early so I adjusted my times there). . .
LeapYear0208

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
2 hours before, hair and makeup done and ready to change into costume. I usually get hair done and most makeup and arrive 2 hours early to have another momma do her lashes and eye liner. I also save lips. Typically, they are completely ready and in costume 1-1.5 hours before their first # is set to go on.
Livsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #16 
We don't have a required time. We try to be there at least 2 hours early. We are also in constant contact with other moms or the studio owner to see if they are running ahead! I would rather be early and watch than be running late and have increased pressure
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Our kids have to be there 1 1/2 hours before they are expected to be on stage. That does not mean ready to go on, they just need to be there at that time to get dressed, do hair and make up, stretch and run routines.

Our competitions rarely run early but we don't get told when they will be onstage, just when the section will start and yiu have to guess fromt here when they will be on, which could be anywhere from the start time to 5 hours later.

Our competitions are very hard to predict, since entry fees are so cheap, and usually due at least 3 months before the competition there are always lots of pull outs. Studios enter everything they think they might do and then just take what is ready. Solos ist enter tonnes of competitions and then just go to the ones that suit them. On average about 1in every 5 routines pulls out. But we have been to comps where there were only 2 routines out of the 25 before we were on there (this is common for duos and trios) and other some other comps where everyone turned up and because that is so rare it went way overtime.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Generally 2 hours prior to first dance with hair and make up done.

We also do a team warm up at the beginning of each comp day, so if you dance in the morning of that day, you are required to be there for that warm up, but if you dance later in the morning, you can wait until after to do hair and make up.  You usually see team members in varying costumes and state of readiness during the team warm up!

Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
1.5 hours before, dressed and ready to go. If it is a convention comp where we are staying in the hotel, 1 hour.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Our call time is 2 hours before you are scheduled to dance. You must be at the venue, dressed in costume, shoes and full hair and makeup. Comps run early, dances can get bumped, etc.. This has always worked for us.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Our girls generally have to be there 1 1/2 to 2 hours early depending upon how close by venue is and if it is a comp with a rep for running early or late. Girls arrive in first costume under warm up suit if possible with hair and make up done . If it is not possible to wear costume then dancer gets ready at comp so should arrive earlier. It's a lot of stress getting out the door but better early than late for sure. Good luck!
Jerseyboymom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
DS's studio call times are about 1 to 1.5 hours ahead of dance time, and that is in costume with hair and makeup done. If they want to get ready at tge venue, they need to arrive earlier, obviously. The SO is great about texting updates on the schedule and even traffic to the venue.
Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
We are to be there ready except for costume 2 hours before the first piece is performed.

Lots of texting and updates.

Virginia9

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Our call time (completely ready to be given to SO) is 1 hour before dance time.
dancedivasx2

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
We have to check in with the team mom full hair makeup and costume 2 hours before.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.