Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Last year a dancer left our studio for another one nearby.  We have had several kids make that switch.  The dancer is my younger DD's age but was not on her team.  We went to a convention and that dancer and her mom were there.  I was chatting with the mom and asked which team her DD was on this year, and she said "she's not at studio X anymore - she's at studio Y".  I asked how it was going, mentioned that I knew the SO at that studio a little bit, she told me the SO just got married, said that her DD was very happy there, etc.  Just normal conversation like you'd have with anyone.  

Recently I was at an event with another mom whose DD left this year for a different studio.  She said "you know M's not at studio X anymore" and I said I did know that and asked if she was still dancing and where.  Then we chatted about how it was going for her, and moved on to non-dance topics related to the event we were attending.

That's pretty much how most people react at our studio, I think.  Good for you, how's it going, etc.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Our studio is fairly drama free. I can't imagine a 5-year-old changing studios would get tongues wagging. A senior member of the company competition team...yeah, that might do it. [biggrin]
amandafarris03

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #28 
we had one lady who was a HORRIBLE woman! she had two kids - the daughter was a great dancer, her son who was flexible and a great dancer - had no stage presence.  she got angry at other parents and left and took a bunch of other families with her.  GOOD RIDDANCE is what we thought.  she had been at the studio since it opened and she was horribly toxic.  the studio is a much happier place now that she is gone.
Zmomj

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
There are a lot of studios around us, so young kids switching is no big deal- everyone assumes it's scheduling or carpooling or whatever. We've had comp team members quit the team but keep dancing at the studio, there is a little talk about that. Mostly because people believed the kids left the team due to the parents' preferences and not the kids'. We also had a couple of kids come from other studios and join the team this year, which is new for us - we've only had a team for a few years. But I haven't heard any discussion about that since they first showed up for auditions.
Saggurti10

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #30 
They only talk if the girl was really good, bad or a bully.
Dancemum528

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
We've only had two girls in dd's age group leave throughout the 4 years she's been at this studio. The first was an amazing dancer who only stayed two years and was quite a rude little girl so most of us were glad she left. The second left a month or so ago. Being in Australia the season started at the start of 2015 and so we had 4 major comps thought out September - October. Four days before the first of here comps the girl left leaving us having extra rehearsals to reblock all our routines.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: