Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
RebelSwan

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I'm really showing my age here.  Daughter and I have both purchased her solo music (iTunes & Google Play).  Don't know why I was surprised that they can only be played via either player.

Seems like her choreographer - who has moved - used the same song for two different genres - so when dd competed a couple weeks ago she got the other kid's cut  (ours only fades out, hers is spliced together in parts).  I've asked her to send it to ME instead of the studio this time so I can label it and pass on, but I'm doubting this is going to happen since a couple of the other kids (with younger parents [wink] ) had to do their own edits.

This leads me to my question.  Is there a software I can convert this song to mp3?  I see in this forum a-la 2014 that Audacity is recommended to cut songs.  I need to get it out of the iTunes/Play players and make it work as a file.  Hopefully this this make sense?  Suggestions appreciated!

rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I would ask squirreltrench-he's a member on here and does it professionally. Other members have been really happy with his work!
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Here are the directions from Audacity to import a file from iTunes to edit and then to export it back into iTunes when you are done:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_how_to_import_files_from_itunes.html

It might be a bit overwhelming at first, but with some practice, it's not too hard to edit using audacity, good luck!
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
http://mp3cut.net/
AthleteArtistDancer

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
This is, I think, the easiest option for you. Zamzar is a website (not an app) that converts almost any file to any other format.  Upload your file, choose what format you want it converted to, enter an email where they can send you a link to the finished file, and download.  I use it for just about everything I need converted.  http://www.zamzar.com/
gandalf

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
From iTunes, click on the song, then click File->Convert->Create MP3 Version. Then select the newly created MP3 file and clicj File->Show In Windows Explorer. This will open a Windows Explorer window, and point you to your MP3 file. You can then use Software to edit, burn, etc. the music
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Search around in this forum for SquirlTrench.
There is an art-form to cutting music, and he offers some good advice.
I never really paid attention to it, until I attended a friends recital,
and the music-cuts were terrible.

With a good cut, you shouldn't even realized there was an edit.
There's were so jarring, they took you out of the moment

NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Wavepad
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: